Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    I have the patch installed but I am clueless as how to get my avater on my page...help please...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjohnson View Post
    I have the patch installed but I am clueless as how to get my avater on my page...help please...
    Pick an image you want to use and save it as "my-avatar.png" then take note of where it is.

Use WebOS Quickinstall and go to Tools--Send File--choose the .png image-- in "Destination Folder" type

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/

Click "Send to Device!"
    How do I even get the avatar in the balloon in the first place...
    Quote Originally Posted by gorow247 View Post
    Pick an image you want to use and save it as "my-avatar.png" then take note of where it is.

Use WebOS Quickinstall and go to Tools--Send File--choose the .png image-- in "Destination Folder" type

Click "Send to Device!"
    I fallowed the steps and I cannot fined the png file nor is it in my messages. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by gorow247 View Post

Click "Send to Device!"
    Followed this to a T and it worked, my pic is now my avatar (on the right) but even after luna restart and a full restart my messaging app runs in slow motion....freezes, then your typing shows up for a second then freezes again and so on. Any ideas why this would be happening and if not what's the easiest way to restore? Thanks for the help!
    i figured it out!! if u have any path that has to do with avatar, remove it.. open WebOS quick install. click tools, then tweaks.. theres a checklist, tick the box where it says landscape messaging and avatar or something like that. remember to have the picture ready in .png format, set it to 40x40 for best quality.. hope this helped a lot of u guys.
    Could someone please tell me what does root the phone mean.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I followed the directions perfectly, but to no avail... it just doesn't work. Is this patch compatible with 1.3.1? Thanks!
    i also followed the instructions but nothin for some reason i cant seem to get it..... can anybody help... i just took a pic and change the name to my-avatar.png i did the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/ and nothin i even removed the avatar patch i had installed wat else do i need to do
    Quote Originally Posted by jmendiluza3 View Post
    i also followed the instructions but nothin for some reason i cant seem to get it..... can anybody help... i just took a pic and change the name to my-avatar.png i did the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/ and nothin i even removed the avatar patch i had installed wat else do i need to do
    Ok, first of all, this is a pretty old thread and the patches available in Preware are much easier to use than what this thread describes for you. You say you uninstalled an avatar patch? Which one specifically? And then after you uninstalled it, what exactly did you do to your Pre?

Second, was your pic a png file to begin with or did you just rename an image file to my-avatar.png? Forgive me if this is an insulting question, but sometimes it's hard to judge someone's technical knowledge from one short post. Give me some specifics and I'll see if I can't point you in the right direction.
    So with these chat bubbles how do you put them into the text messges ? Im so confused...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    how do you remove the picture to a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by xcop66 View Post
    how do you remove the picture to a new one?
    Just install the new one and it will replace the old one.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    does it have to be an acutal .png file and where do i find them or do you just rename a file "my-avatar.png"?
    for the message balloons, when you say upload them to "wherever".. that's kind of vague, I'm not sure what you mean
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213