Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    I've found that it is SO much easier to copy the original com.palm.app.messaging folder to the USB drive of the Pre (/media/internal) and then make the changes that I want within the application, whether they are to the CSS files or any of the images and then copying it all back into the same place. It saves a ton of time and you can also visually see what you have changed all at once. Another bonus too is that you never have to upload anything anywhere. Also, instead of renaming everything as a backup, I just keep a copy of the whole original folder on my PC. Let me know if you want to do this and I'll make a short tutorial. It's much easier. Also, I'd like to lay out there that Putty freakin' blows for rooting in. I much prefer to open a Command Prompt and type in 'novacom -t open tty://' and get right to it!!!
    Work in progress!! still need to fix a couple more thing will post when iam done!
    Iam trying to find the line where it makes the chat bubble image tile rather then starched ... Anyone know?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey all, look what I managed to do!

Replaced the color string with background: url(..images/background.png) and uploaded my own image.

Then I edited the default chat balloon backgrounds with layered transparency.
    Let me know if you want the chat balloons!
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post

Replaced the color string with background: url(..images/background.png) and uploaded my own image.

would be nice if you made it more and more transp at the edge so it isnt a hard transition and would be cool if you could set the little dot to light up if the user is online
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    I've found that it is SO much easier to copy the original com.palm.app.messaging folder to the USB drive of the Pre (/media/internal) and then make the changes that I want within the application, whether they are to the CSS files or any of the images and then copying it all back into the same place. It saves a ton of time and you can also visually see what you have changed all at once. Another bonus too is that you never have to upload anything anywhere. Also, instead of renaming everything as a backup, I just keep a copy of the whole original folder on my PC. Let me know if you want to do this and I'll make a short tutorial. It's much easier. Also, I'd like to lay out there that Putty freakin' blows for rooting in. I much prefer to open a Command Prompt and type in 'novacom -t open tty://' and get right to it!!!

Please do. I seem to have the biggest hang up on getting the color changed file back to the Pre. So frustrating to me. As I was able to get my avatar in the sms area.

Thanks,

Jason
    The little dot DOES light up when they are online.

If you mean more transparent on the bottom, I kinda like that. It's a virtual depth kind of thing that makes it look more solid. If you mean transparent more on the edge of the chat balloon yeah I was thinking that :P
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    is there any possible way that can have your avatar as gif insted as png i love gif avatar. and i dont really get it why when i login to ma aim and to my pc at the same time and i set ma gif avatar from my pc im able to do it and see my avatar but when i log off from my pc and i just stay log in in my pre it only stay my avatar in pre for about 1m and den it remove by itself why.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    My work in progress:

I cant seem to find the .png to change the top header and bottom text field, I just want to take the fade out.

Can anybody help me?

Did you ever get rid of the White fade?? i cant seem to figure it out either.
    The little dot DOES light up when they are online.

If you mean more transparent on the bottom, I kinda like that. It's a virtual depth kind of thing that makes it look more solid. If you mean transparent more on the edge of the chat balloon yeah I was thinking that :P
    good work =) plz post a screenshot when its ready =)
    ok, so if my chat ballonn is slightly smaller than the other where the avatar hangs out it how do i change it?
    send message ballon is like lil short than received message ballon?
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmonsters View Post
    Ok people. ... i have no tested these yet as i have practically no energy to..

should anyone use these images let me know how they look.

I can also create new colors or lighter ones.

until then back to bed... this cold is a bummer.http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ghtbubble1.png http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ubblegreen.png

does anyone know how to easily make a grey one and an orange one?
    Last edited by ayoo456; 09/09/2009 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    How To Get Your Avatar In The Chat - UPDATED 07/24/09
    This will get the avatars (both yours and theirs) in the lower right hand corner. If anyone can get it into the middle of the balloon please share how. For anyone who may have done this before the update, I've placed a ">" on the steps you'll need to do. For everyone else follow the tut like normal. Also, I'd suggest the gradient in the chat balloons all fading to one side. Looks much better that way ;-)
    Attachment 21700

You will need to have your Pre rooted. Also, don't forget to back up everything you touch.

First step is to type:
    Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets
    then:

Code:
    sudo vi messaging.css
    >Starting at line 139 you will see this:
    Code:
    .chatRow img.avatar-location {
    	margin-top: -18px;
    }

.chatRow img.avatar-overlay {
    	margin-top: -21px;
    }

.chatRow .avatar-container {
    	vertical-align: middle;
    	display: inline-block;
    }
    >Change the margins in location and overlay so that they look like this:

Code:
    .chatRow img.avatar-location {                                                             
            margin-top: -39px;
    }                                                                                                  

.chatRow img.avatar-overlay {                                                                       
            margin-top: -42.5px;
    }
    >Now comment out the container:
    Code:
    /*.chatRow .avatar-container {  
            vertical-align: middle;   
            display: inline-block;                                       
    }*/
    >Next, scroll down to line 662. You'll see something like this:

Code:
    .my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper, 
    .their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
      padding: 1px 0;
      font-size: 18px;
      word-wrap: break-word !important;
    }
    >Add
    Code:
    padding-right: 40px;
    Code:
    .my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper,            
    .their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {                                                                 
      padding: 1px 0;                                                    
      font-size: 18px;                                                                            
      word-wrap: break-word !important;                                             
    padding-right: 40px;                                                                                   
    }
    >Comment out line 668:

Code:
    /*.their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {                           
            padding-right: 8px ;}*/
    On line 676 you will see this:
    Code:
    /* Disabling MY avatar because we are not doing this for 1.0  2008-11-05*/
    .my-chat .avatar-location,
    .my-chat .avatar-overlay,
    .my-chat .avatar-container {
    	display: none;
        width: 40px;
        height: 40px;
    }
    Comment out
    Code:
     /*.my-chat .avatar-overlay,*/
    /*.my-chat .avatar-container*/
    /*display: none;*/
    Now save: SHIFT zz or ESC :qw

Type:

Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers
    Code:
    sudo vi chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Scroll down to line 1286 and remove the /'s. Should look like this:

Code:
     msg.avatar = this.myAvatar || 'images/my-avatar.png';
    Save: SHIFT zz or ESC :qw

Now you need to upload an avatar and find the image location

In terminal type:

Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    Code:
    sudo wget (url)
    Code:
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png
    Now type:

Code:
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    You may need to do a full restart of the phone if after doing the above command does not add the avatar.

Help!!!! I can get all the way to this step then I hit a road block, can anyone help or instruct me exactly what I need to do:

Code:
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.pngNow type:

Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitre001 View Post
    Help!!!! I can get all the way to this step then I hit a road block, can anyone help or instruct me exactly what I need to do:

Code:
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png Now type:

Code:
    You need to take the file name of the avatar and plug it into the ( ) area and then type the command.

so if it's: wget http://filebin.com/upload/avatar1.png ..
    you would type

sudo mv avatar1.png my-avatar.png

And then

I've got one, how would we remove the avatar for both the person and ourselves. ;]
    can someone tell wut would make my chatballoon resize different from the received chatballon like it makes my smaller.n e suggestions both chatballoon image are the same but yet mines shortins the imagine..
    ok need help droping the avatars down to match bottom imagine?

ok, is this the avatars container or its placement?
    .their-chat .avatar {
    width: 40px;
    height: 40px;

How do we do "layered transparency"?
    what is the pixel size need to be for our avatars?? been looking thru a few threads and dont see anything posted
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast