1.    #1  
    Every time I've installed any homebrew applications i've followed the steps below:

1. transfer the file through USB to PALMPRE:\applications
    In root -
    2. cd /
    3. cd /media/internal/applications/
    4. ipkg install whatever_app.ipk

I just now realized that I cannot delete any of these applications...is there a way that I can change the permissions of the already-loaded applications?

Or more importantly, what should I do in the future to install them as deletable ipk's?

Thanks my pre and linux gurus!
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Every time I've installed any homebrew applications i've followed the steps below:

1. transfer the file through USB to PALMPRE:\applications
    In root -
    2. cd /
    3. cd /media/internal/applications/
    4. ipkg install whatever_app.ipk

I just now realized that I cannot delete any of these applications...is there a way that I can change the permissions of the already-loaded applications?

Or more importantly, what should I do in the future to install them as deletable ipk's?

Thanks my pre and linux gurus!
    sudo ipkg remove com.appname.bla

or

sudo ipkg purge com.appname.bla
  3.    #3  
    Thanks dj, greattt for the time being, but is there any way I can install them and not have to delete them via root?

I vaguely remember someone saying something on the forums about installing to /var/ or something along those lines in order to be deleted via the launcher, but I can't find the post, nor the instructions on how exactly to do so.
    or press and hold the orange button and click the program you want to remove !
  5.    #5  
    Based on the way I installed then, orange+click all come up like the undeletable nascar app..which is the problem haha
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem, I can not uninstall any of my homebrew apps. I have tried sudo ipkg remove com.appname.bla and sudo ipkg purge com.appname.bla with no luck. It tells me nothing to be done and that the blah.ipk is not installed. Can anyone shed some light on this? There are a couple of apps that I would like to get rid of and not to mention if I install any updated apps I will need to remove the old versions. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    just go to Device Info -> More Info -> Software and delete them that way
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    The same problem occurs doing this...there is no delete option
    Create file /etc/ipkg.conf with the line "dest var /var" . Then install your apps with a command like "ipkg -d var install SomeApp.ipkg" .
  10.    #10  
    How do I do that?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    This doesn't work for me either... Is there a way to just go in and delete the app directory and icon from the launcher through the command line?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Ok the reason you can't uninstall your homebrew'ed apps is because you used ipkg install to install the app.. this makes the app install to /usr/palm/applications. where only palm apps etc should go.. (so people have the problem some dont, i had the same problem) after doing some testing, to uninstall the app go to /usr/palm/applications and then do a rm -rf com.application.name on the applications you want to remove and then run the
    Code:
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    to refresh luna.. this will remove the apps that you can't remove... And from here on out use the dev install method to install apps because the app tells the phone the right place to put it which is /var/usr/palm/applications/ which they will then be removable
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info atlanta, can you provide a link to the pre dev install method instructons? I just want to make sure I follow the right directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Ok the reason you can't uninstall your homebrew'ed apps is because you used ipkg install to install the app.. this makes the app install to /usr/palm/applications. where only palm apps etc should go.. (so people have the problem some dont, i had the same problem) after doing some testing, to uninstall the app go to /usr/palm/applications and then do a rm -rf com.application.name on the applications you want to remove and then run the
    Code:
    to refresh luna.. this will remove the apps that you can't remove... And from here on out use the dev install method to install apps because the app tells the phone the right place to put it which is /var/usr/palm/applications/ which they will then be removable
    big thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOj View Post
    I am having the same problem, I can not uninstall any of my homebrew apps. I have tried sudo ipkg remove com.appname.bla and sudo ipkg purge com.appname.bla with no luck. It tells me nothing to be done and that the blah.ipk is not installed. Can anyone shed some light on this? There are a couple of apps that I would like to get rid of and not to mention if I install any updated apps I will need to remove the old versions. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    The name of the file is not necessarily the name that ipkg uses to track it.

You can do ipkg list to see what ipkg things everything is called, then use ipgk remove to take it out.

This worked for me with the tetris app.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOj View Post
    Thanks for the info atlanta, can you provide a link to the pre dev install method instructons? I just want to make sure I follow the right directions.
    Hey not to sure where it is in the Dev... but the official way to do it is download the SDK. and open the bin folder under c:\program files\palm\bin you will see palm-install, put your phone into dev mode and connect it via usb and select just charge.. drag the ipk file on the palm-install.bat and it will install to the device.

Alternative way is to download 7z open the .ipk file open the data.tar.gz inside go down the folders until you see the com.appname.folder and extract it ... move this folder to /var/usr/palm/applications using either the usb transfer method or sftp... you can then restart luna using the command above and it will show up,.

:::EDIT:::
    Just got word that
    ipkg-opt install appname

should install it in the right place test it out
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Code:
    You said to do a rm -rf com.application.name - but how do I know the installed name of the app?

destinal in mirc helped me out - for anyone interested to find the names of their installed apps, type this into root ipkg -o /var list_installed
    i just went to that dir and did a "ls" and got them name that way then removed the apps that i didnt need that came with the phone (nfl, nascar, etc)