Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I mest up on da character counter mod and now my texts wont load up wen ever i push on someones name...i need help please !!
    my texting app load up but jus not wen i push on someone. it jus stays frozen. i didnt backup either...ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
    u should be able to just open the file back up that you modded and put it back to how it was to fix it...

don't worry you wont lose any of ur conversations...
    This is exactly what happened when I tried to edit the files manually myself. I don't know if I did something wrong or not, but I'm going to try applying the character counter mod via an app someone made to see if it was something I did wrong or not. I'l post back here with my result. Either way, calm down, take a deep breath, it's and easy fix. If you backed up the files you modified (which you should have!), then just replace the modified files with the originals. Otherwise, I'm sure someone will be able to post the original files so you can fix it.
  4.    #4  
    K thanks I was gonna restart evrything on my phone but ill wait on wat you can do, thank you and get hope you reply quick I have so many unread messages that I can't evn reply to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    K thanks I was gonna restart evrything on my phone but ill wait on wat you can do, thank you and get hope you reply quick I have so many unread messages that I can't evn reply to them.
    Well, I won't get back to my computer 'till around 5:45pm (CST), so if you can wait until then, then I'd be happy to help you fix it. If you can't wait, I suggest jumping on the irc chat room from the webos wiki and the ppl there will be able to help you.
  6.    #6  
    well its fine by me. jus reply back wen u get home so u can help me out. thank you
    well its fine by me. jus reply back wen u get home so u can help me out. thank you
    K, back. You get it fixed, or you still need help?

We should really do this on irc, so we aren't using the forum as a chat room.
    Last edited by HebrewHammer; 07/14/2009 at 06:10 PM.
  8.    #8  
    k
  9.    #9  
    hey so ummm how do i join the irc channel ?
    im still kinda new to this and im young

oh btw im trying to make an app that would allow java install on the pre. i hope it goes somewhere!
    im starting on it today after i go do some work, me and my friend are gonna work on it
  10.    #10  
    Can somone jus try sending me the backup of their original? That way I can jus copy em into my phone..reply back please.
    Actually I'd like to hear your thoughts on this if you come up with a solution. I seem to be in the same boat, however I'm not 100% sure that it's related to the character counting patch as I did that patch several days ago and my messaging application worked fine until today when it decided that it was going to play dead.

Mine is doing exactly the same thing as the OP described and running the "undo" script for the patch doesn't seem to do any good.

Hmmm.

John
    Sorry it took so long for a response but I had to take care of something, anyway here are links to the original unmodified files:

app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs

app/utilities/CharacterCounter.js

app/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html

app/views/compose/compose-scene.html

stylesheets/messaging.css

Now, remember, always make a backup of any file before you modify it so things like this don't happen. Here's a link to a page that will explain how to make a backup and to a script if you prefer --> http://predev.wikidot.com/stock-application-mods
    Last edited by HebrewHammer; 07/14/2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added reminder to backup and link to wiki for instructions to make a backup.
  13.    #13  
    DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS NOW =]=]=]=]
    I AM SO HAPPY !!! any way i can repay u lol
    That worked for me as well! Thanks!
    No problem, I have messed up my fair share of stuff in the past, and I know how much it sucks (especially txt messaging).
    Seriously, has anyone been able to get this mod working? I haven't heard of a single person getting it to work and the creator of the mod hasn't answered me back. I would love to get this working!
    Last edited by HebrewHammer; 07/21/2009 at 08:04 PM.
  17.    #17  
    yeah it works i have the mod in mines already
    yeah it works i have the mod in mines already
    Well, I have now tried applying this mod 3 times from scratch now, and I can't get it to work. I've triple checked everything, but I get the same result every time.
    Last edited by HebrewHammer; 07/21/2009 at 08:04 PM.
    I'm having the same problem.
  20.    #20  
    What problem are you having?? I finally got the mod to work on my phone
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast