Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I ran into this problem as well a week ago when I tried to make the changes for this. The problem is that the how-to lists line numbers to add the code in at, but it doesn't say what comes before or after the spot you're pasting into. So, its easy to put the code in the wrong place since there are multiple edits in a single document.
    When I open the messaging app after applying the mod, it opens fine and looks normal; but tapping on any message or the "create new message" button does nothing. This is the same thing that everyone gets that I've talked to.
  3.    #23  
    Is there a way I can take the screen shot my phone..I don't remember how I did it, but the mod works perfectly and shows how many chracters I have put in my text message. you guys might be doing it wrong. That's why it doesn't show up right
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    Is there a way I can take the screen shot my phone..I don't remember how I did it, but the mod works perfectly and shows how many chracters I have put in my text message. you guys might be doing it wrong. That's why it doesn't show up right
    I don't doubt that you got it to work but exactly following the instructions to do this mod doesn't work. You had to do something to make it work. You could post the files you modified at pastebin so we could see how you got it to work.
  5.    #25  
    Yea okay once I get home I will do that. Right now I'm at my friend playing halo that's why but yeah until then ill send em k
  6.    #26  
    Okay hewbrewhammer I'm home. So umm wat is it that you wanted me to do??
    i know this is my mistake but, can someone post their original please.
    It no longer works
    I had to have made an error trying to unhide this theme,

manualanalog-clock-functions.jsjsjs

from /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/

something happened, I made a backup but i think i deleted it by accident =[

Thanks in advanced

EDIT: sorry if this is a little off topic
    Last edited by halfplaidhalfnot; 07/23/2009 at 01:35 AM.
  8.    #28  
    yeah umm okay hold on
  9.    #29  
    sorry to say but im trying to copy that directory but it just says no such file or directory
    can u type in the exact directory to the file u want and ill copy it
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/manualanalog-clock-functions.jsjsjs
  11.    #32  
    sorry took a bit long, i was getting my other files for hebrewhammer
    thanks alot. =]
  13.    #34  
    remember to ALWAYS backup your files before doing modifications so that you wont have to be going through all of this okay.
    Well, I still don't know what I was doing wrong, but the files fritos1406 posted work!

Thanks sooo much fritos1406!!!
  15.    #37  
    Yeah ur welcome. Oh and btw the instuctions on how to do it does work..you were probly jus doing something wrong but jus what phrough says, the how to's only list line number so its essy to put the code in the wrong place if you have other codes put into the files as well
    To make this easy for everyone to do and so it is easy to reapply after an OTA update, I have made a patch:

Character Counter Patch
  17.    #39  
    okay i put ur patch file into another thread so more people can notice it. dont worry i did not say it was made by me so i gave thanks to u for making the patch and me for having put the codes in the right places
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    okay i put ur patch file into another thread so more people can notice it. dont worry i did not say it was made by me so i gave thanks to u for making the patch and me for having put the codes in the right places
    Cool, thanks for giving me credit; but the credit should really go to the guy who made the mod.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast