1.    #1  
    I downloaded and installed the Mojo SDK (version 0.3.4) on Windows Vista 32-bit. I have created a "hello world" app, using information obtained in the Web OS rough cuts book. However, after packaging and installing the program (on either the web os emulator or my pre), the program launches to a blank screen. It appears that the "pushScene" to display my first scene is never getting called.

As a test, I put some HTML in the Index.html file, and it does display correctly. I just can't get the app(s) to display my first scene. I've also downloaded some of the homebrew apps, and used my SDK to repackage and deploy them. The "repackaged" apps do the same thing.....open to a blank screen.

Has anyone got any idea of what the problem may be? Thanks!
    LOL. I call that the BSOD (Blank Screen Of Death) of the Pre.

I normally see it when I'm making an app and something is wrong with the app. But if you've been downloading the Homebrews and they're all doing that, I would suggest reinstalling the SDK. Go into the VirtualBox installation (if you have Vista it can be found here):
    Code:
    C:\Users\"your windows name"\.VirtualBox\Machines
    You will see a folder saying Palm Emulator (sdk47). Delete it. Reinstall the SDK.

Hopefully that solves your problem.

Personally, ever since I got the SDK it worked perfectly the first day, until I downloaded a picture from email, after that my pictures app broke. I even reinstalled and it's still broken... so... I dunno...

Good Luck!
    Danny, here's the technical explanation. "You've done somthing wrong."

things you must check:

1) are all the files in the right places. Directories matter.
    2) are all the files named correctly
    3) is there anything mis-typed in your assistant.

To makea palm standard hello world, you have to have a appinfo.json, a sources.json, an index.html, an icon.png, an app folder, an app/views folder an app/views/sceneName folder which holds sceneName-scene.html an app/assistants folder that hold scene-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $sceneName$-$assistant$.$js$.

And _all_ of them have to work and be properly formatted, or you just get index.html

That's why starting with a WORKING hello world and developing from there is a good idea.
    hahahahaha

look at you rboatright. You're cleaning up my messes left and right! hahaha thanks for the more detailed explanation. I saw that he didn't even have homebrew apps set up, so I assumed there must be something wrong with his emulator... but it could be that he's going in and playing around with things before they're actually packaged and installed...

tsk tsk...
    If you are unfamiliar with the necessary files and folder structure, it helps to use palm-generate to automatically create a basic application structure.

Go into command prompt, cd to your SDK/Bin folder and enter palm-generate appname .
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    If you are unfamiliar with the necessary files and folder structure, it helps to use palm-generate to automatically create a basic application structure.

Go into command prompt, cd to your SDK/Bin folder and enter palm-generate appname .
    Hey Blubble, that's awesome thanks! I'm going to include this into my tutorial...
    @rboatright, @SirataXero

rboatright and I talked chatted in #webos about the project. I have attached the jlint-ed version.

The project is a great starting point.
    Attached Files Attached Files