Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21  
    I added 3 lines to backup the original files (adds .orig extension).

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3571/backdropphonescrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5493/listsectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    And here would be the 3 lines to revert back to the originals.

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    Edit: Just tested it on my Pre and it works perfectly for going back and forth.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/15/2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Testing
  2. illfill's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    The filesystem was read only.

    This makes it writable
    mount -o remount rw, /

    This reverts it back to read only.
    mount -o remount ro, /
    so everytime i want to change something or edit it i have to make it writable and when i'm done with the editing i revert back to read only reset the device and the change should take effect ??
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by illfill View Post
    so everytime i want to change something or edit it i have to make it writable and when i'm done with the editing i revert back to read only reset the device and the change should take effect ??
    Yup.
  4. illfill's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #24  
    wat if this for cd /tmp/ ?????? im just tryin to learn the way cuz i try to follow the pre wiki but on some things they dont make clear for people who are new to this .... but this is the greatest website thanks for the helping hands
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by illfill View Post
    wat if this for cd /tmp/ ?????? im just tryin to learn the way cuz i try to follow the pre wiki but on some things they dont make clear for people who are new to this .... but this is the greatest website thanks for the helping hands
    cd /tmp just puts you in the tmp (temp) directory. It's not necessary for this code (since all files are fully qualified). I just always do it from habit to ensure I know what directory I am starting in.

    All of these commands are basic linux commands so you can look them up if you like.

    cd is change directory
    cp is copy
    mv is move (often used to rename a file as well)

    bash commands - Linux MAN Pages
  6. illfill's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #26  
    [QUOTE=gmanvbva;1753022]cd /tmp just puts you in the tmp (temp) directory. It's not necessary for this code (since all files are fully qualified). I just always do it from habit to ensure I know what directory I am starting in.

    All of these commands are basic linux commands so you can look them up if you like.

    cd is change directory
    cp is copy
    mv is move (often used to rename a file as well)



    thats a nice link thanks for the help man im glad you can lend a helping hand to another "pre brother" in need ... i havent ever tried stuff like this but this website makes life much easier i'm able to get the hang of certain things some throw me off but with the right explanation like yours i can get anything done thanks once again
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I added 3 lines to backup the original files (adds .orig extension).

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3571/backdropphonescrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5493/listsectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    And here would be the 3 lines to revert back to the originals.

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    Edit: Just tested it on my Pre and it works perfectly for going back and forth.
    this wouldnt work for me to change back if i didnt use this code to change it in the first place would it???
    Vis
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    this wouldnt work for me to change back if i didnt use this code to change it in the first place would it???
    Correct. Attached are the originals.

    To copy them back (with the .orig extension) follow these steps.

    1. Connect your Pre via "USB Drive".
    2. Copy the 3 files (attached) to your Downloads folder on the Pre
    3. Disconnect USB cable and reconnect using "Just Charge".
    4. Start novaproxy and connect to putty session (as root) and run the following code.
    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    mv /media/internal/downloads/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    mv /media/internal/downloads/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    mv /media/internal/downloads/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    
    mount -o remount ro, /

    **Please Note**

    This will NOT restore your dialer. It will only copy the original files back to your Pre in case you want to use the previous code to revert to the green dialer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/15/2009 at 03:27 PM.
  9. #29  
    Thanx alot Gmanvbva much appreciated
    Vis
  10. #30  
    hi all.
    I've replaced backdrop-phone.PNG with one that I've edited, yet after rebooting, the phone screen is entirely black - it doesn't display the image at all. I then read on the predev site that it needed to be the same size (although some said it didn't matter.)

    I've tried editing in just mspaint and in photoshop CS4, no luck with either. Would someone have any tips on editing this thing? I've attached the edited file that won't work and the screen shot of the result after reboot.



    EDIT:
    Problem solved. The cause was one of two things. Either it was because I had a backdrop-phone.png.bak in the directory, or it was because my backdrop-phone.PNG had the extention capitalized. I renamed to .png and removed the .bak and now it works, woot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 07/21/2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: found out my problem
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I added 3 lines to backup the original files (adds .orig extension).

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4630/backdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3571/backdropphonescrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5493/listsectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    And here would be the 3 lines to revert back to the originals.

    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    
    mount -o remount ro, /
    Edit: Just tested it on my Pre and it works perfectly for going back and forth.
    anyone know if this still works after 1.1.0?
    Vis
  12. #32  
    i would like to know if it all works on 1.1.0 as well b4 doing this
  13. #33  
    Yes it does
  14. #34  
    Some blue theme backgrounds..







    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  15. #35  
    Heres the code for the blue dialer

    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...pphoneblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...llfadeblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...onlineblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

    mount -o remount ro, /


    Heres the code to revert to green

    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

    mount -o remount ro, /


    Hope this helps someone else.


    Doug
  16. #36  
    Is there a way to change the dialer using the WebOS Installer?
  17. #37  
    If you're talking about the WebOS doctor, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  18. #38  
    I made a pink dialer for the gf if anyone wants it here you go.



    wget http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4...kdropphone.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png


    wget http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/357...scrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png


    wget http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5...ectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png

    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    I made a pink dialer for the gf if anyone wants it here you go.


    tried this and this is what i get.


    root@castle:/# wget http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4...kdropphone.png -O /us
    r/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/357...scrollfade.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5...ectionline.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}Connecting to img193.imageshack.us (208.94.2.108:80)
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    root@castle:/# wget http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/357...scrollfade.png -O /us
    r/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    Connecting to img11.imageshack.us (208.94.2.31:80)
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    root@castle:/# wget http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5...ectionline.png -O /us
    r/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    Connecting to img364.imageshack.us (38.99.77.213:80)
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    root@castle:/# luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Method \"rescan\" with signature \"s\" on interface \"org.json\" doesn't exist\n"}
    root@castle:/#



    any ideas. the wife has been asking for this since I changed mine to black. lol
    Vis
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Heres the code for the blue dialer

    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...pphoneblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...llfadeblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...onlineblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

    mount -o remount ro, /


    Heres the code to revert to green

    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

    mount -o remount ro, /


    Hope this helps someone else.


    Doug
    I did this.. and my dialer turned black. How do i get this to fix again.. =(.
    The code below it doesnt seem to revert it back on my phone.. sigh =(
    Last edited by wootang00; 07/29/2009 at 02:48 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions