Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I am starting this thread in hopes that it can be a place where somewhat uninformed persons such as myself can find out where a specific piece of data can be found in the WebOS filesystem, whether it's a system setting, a picture/icon, raw data, etc.

    I know where to find a couple things, but I will probably be asking more questions than I will answer. I'm counting on other people in the Pre community to help out.

    At the moment, I'd like to know where to find the contact data itself- where on the Pre are the actual phone numbers, emails, birthdays, notes, addresses, etc stored for each contact?

    Specifically, I want to find facebook contact data. I'd like to access this data for my own use.
  2. #2  
    Should be in /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 iirc.
    Where is the time in state file that tells you how long your cpu has been at a certian clock speed?
    Good thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Should be in /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 iirc. Good thread.
    Thanks, lane!

    I don't know yours unfortunately.

    Where are the jpgs for the icons on the quicklaunch/wave? I have a gmail shortcut on there but want to change th icon to something better than a screenshot of the page.
  4.    #4  
    Oh come on- SOMEONE on these boards knows where to find the icons that show up on the quicklaunch. help a brotha out here.
  5.    #5  
    Darn.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Where is the time in state file that tells you how long your cpu has been at a certian clock speed?
    Good thread.
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Oh come on- SOMEONE on these boards knows where to find the icons that show up on the quicklaunch. help a brotha out here.
    The image is probably a png (not jpeg). It is probably using the same image as the bookmark (or App).

    Look here for possible info.

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rk-images.html
  8.    #8  
    Well that's actually not what I'm looking for, but I appreciate the suggestion. That folder is just the icons for the browser.

    You're right about them being png's and not jpg's though- my bad.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Well that's actually not what I'm looking for, but I appreciate the suggestion. That folder is just the icons for the browser.

    You're right about them being png's and not jpg's though- my bad.
    They are all (3; launcher, bookmark and thumbnail) in the same folder. If there is not an icon for the launcher it is because one hasn't been created yet? Try moving it to the launcher and see if it creates one.
  10. #10  
    I think we need a pre genome project -or would that be a prenome project?

    A mapping of the file structure and what's where. It could be built as we go. Maybe someone who can create pages on the predev wiki?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    They are all (3; launcher, bookmark and thumbnail) in the same folder. If there is not an icon for the launcher it is because one hasn't been created yet? Try moving it to the launcher and see if it creates one.
    thanks- you were right!
  12. #12  
    Does anyone know where the launcher icon is? The icon with the up arrow?

    Nvm, found it. it is here /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/28/2009 at 03:33 PM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    I think we need a pre genome project -or would that be a prenome project?

    A mapping of the file structure and what's where. It could be built as we go. Maybe someone who can create pages on the predev wiki?
    I like this idea. This thread should be a sticky too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]

Posting Permissions