1.    #1  
    I'm working on a Dice Rolling app called Penguin Dice. My post count is to low to allow me to add a screenshot so I'm going to describe the problem I'm having.

The program has three areas the top section "Dice Bag" allows you to select the type and number of dice to add as a group. in the middle there is a button to roll all dice groups on the table. and then the third zone the "Dice Table" shows all active groups of dice in a list control. tapping a dice group will cause the group to roll and you can swipe to remove dice groups from the table. problem is I can't get the list to show the items. only the HTML from the listTemplate is shown.

Any hints or sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC72 View Post
    I'm working on a Dice Rolling app called Penguin Dice. My post count is to low to allow me to add a screenshot so I'm going to describe the problem I'm having.

The program has three areas the top section "Dice Bag" allows you to select the type and number of dice to add as a group. in the middle there is a button to roll all dice groups on the table. and then the third zone the "Dice Table" shows all active groups of dice in a list control. tapping a dice group will cause the group to roll and you can swipe to remove dice groups from the table. problem is I can't get the list to show the items. only the HTML from the listTemplate is shown.

Any hints or sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I can't get the listTemplate to show up even.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I can't get the listTemplate to show up even.
    I've got the listtemplate to show (like for a label) but can't show any items. Very frustrating that this is the most powerful widget in WebOS and the examples for it don't really help you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    I've got the listtemplate to show (like for a label) but can't show any items. Very frustrating that this is the most powerful widget in WebOS and the examples for it don't really help you much.
    Same here
    when you say "items" are you talking about things like #value1# inside of your template? is it possible to post the code you are having the problem with?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone. I found the solution in another thread in this section "List Widget Trouble" the problem was a badly formed DOCTYPE in the index.html for the aplication.
    KenKorbettJr posted the solution and now the list display works.
    Last edited by JoshC72; 07/14/2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: edit to give credit to the right person