Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post

Yes! I'd actually like to have a chapter jump selector/scroller widget at the bottom. I'm not sure what they call the widget but one like where you choose the time/dates in calendar or clock.

I do see that ASV is open for use and so that is the one I'll probably start on. Here is where I'm getting my bible copyright info: BibleDatabase: All English Bibles download page.
    I love the idea of the scroller. Put that at the top and bottom of the page!

SirataXero, if you have the time, that would be something I'm certain you could tackle. I'd even help you get the grunt work done on the Quran (and maybe even spell it correctly) if you could get that one working.

That site with the different versions of the Bible is really neat. It is also nice to know when you are in a pickle or within your rights. That is good info to have. Good luck on getting the permissions you seek. It would be well worth the effort.

Gotta work, but I will be on this shortly.

Oh, one question before I get too far here...

When I am doing the OT, I am presuming that the folders will be in the same directory as the NT ones? I will do the pages that are completely new, and leave the updates to the pages you have created in your hands. By this I am thinking the OT and NT buttons on the first page specifically, as well as your NT files. I'll take everything else specific to the OT as far as I can.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    -I would recommend a line break after each verse.

-It may be worth considering a "back" button at the top and bottom of each page...

Oh, one thing. I will work with the KJV, but all that would need to be done to get the NIV is cut and paste...
    I would ask for these features as well. The line breaks are in my Laridian Treo Bible. The Back Button could be a ◄ symbol to save space and a ► for next verse. Maybe do it like a CD player control buttons in a small row at the bottom so that you do not end up clicking the menu or battery life icons that are on the top...

◄◄ . .. ... ►►

◄◄ Previous book
    ◄ Previous chapter
    ► Next chapter
    ►► Next book

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/18/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    OK,

Maybe I am getting what you guys are already thinking.

Use a slider bar to slide through a chapter!

Use the CD control arrows to go back or ahead by chapter or double arrows to jump by book.

So if this were Matthew, you would be at about Chapter 20. Because it is graphical, you can see where you are at all times! Slide to anywhere in the chapter or use the arrows to go chapter by chapter, double arrow to jump to the next book (Luke).

Put this at the bottom of the screen. It takes almost no real estate.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/18/2009 at 07:48 PM.
  4.    #84  
    I like that, but I think what he was referring to is the little widget that almost looks like a slot machine wheel. You can spin it up or down to select (in the case of the clock app) the time. In theory you should be able to take this same widget and use it ib a similar way to a drop down box. The big difference would be that it handles large lists better because of the scroll gestures.
    Flick down to revelations, click, and you are there.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    LOL. In all honesty, I don't know how i'd feel about having a music player control while I'm reading something. >.<.

It seems a bit... confusing. Personally, what i was referring to... was something like this:

Now, for OUR purpose, we don't really care much about page numbers, we might want different chapters and such, so combine that previous menu widget with something like this:

So, we have drop down (up?) menus for each chapter, and next/previous page buttons on the left and right. Also, here's some more examples in case you guys might want to come up with and share your own ideas:

Now as you can see, these are all from the StyleMatters application. I use these sample applications EXTENSIVELY for all purposes/examples/ or even ideas. I STRONGLY suggest anyone reading this to go through every single sample app you can, and click on every single example that they have (if you havn't done so already). It's a REALLY good tool, with visual examples of what you can do, and what they can look like.

But yeah, What do you guys think of my "navigational" menu option?
    If this could be the chapters or verse numbers in the counter then I would want the 2/38 type number.

Is there any way that we could choose our font size small-medium-large like Laridian does? The micro font in the sample would be the problem I am always having with the pre currently...

- Craig
    Well, I was hoping not to have numbers down there, and just have titles and such. But then again, I'm not sure how to organize it. Chapters, IMO, would go on top, while verse numbers on the bottom? That shouldn't be too hard. While going through StyleMatters again, I stumbled upon this:

Which is EXACTLY what I was thinking. A little menu button for verses (or maybe an integer picker like the one in the PDFViewer example...

ahhhh the possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I like that, but I think what he was referring to is the little widget that almost looks like a slot machine wheel. You can spin it up or down to select (in the case of the clock app) the time. In theory you should be able to take this same widget and use it ib a similar way to a drop down box. The big difference would be that it handles large lists better because of the scroll gestures.
    Flick down to revelations, click, and you are there.
    +1 this is exactly I meant.

Since I are simple folk (with little to no programming jsjsjs $experience$) $I$'$m$ $trying$ $to$ $keep$ $the$ $simple$ $bible$ $simple$ $to$ $program$ $so$ $we$ $can$ $get$ $it$ $published$ $ASAP$.

I would however like to program a more full functional bible that does every great bible thing mentioned in this thread:
    • Bookmark(s) feature
    • Highlight Text
    • Insert notes
    • many avliable translations
    • more advance movement controlls
    • search
    • etc...

I'm sure there are more great ideas, but I'd have to re-read this thread and possibly do some thinking to get the rest of my ideas into one list.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Well, I was hoping not to have numbers down there, and just have titles and such. But then again, I'm not sure how to organize it. Chapters, IMO, would go on top, while verse numbers on the bottom? That shouldn't be too hard. While going through StyleMatters again, I stumbled upon this:

Which is EXACTLY what I was thinking. A little menu button for verses (or maybe an integer picker like the one in the PDFViewer example...

ahhhh the possibilities.
    +1 again. Yes this is the idea. Simple to implement and only one more widget to program.
    i hope you all don't mind but i am very close on a version of the main page that i am taking from the Device Info > More Info button scene. It has the view control at the top, Software on the left Hardware on the right. I have switched them to Old Testament and New Testament. Once you click on one, you get a list of the books in a View. sorry, but i think this will flow smoother then the drawer idea.

clicking on a book in the list swaps you to the book scene, which will have view controls at the top to switch between books, and a center drop down list of chapters.

hopefully before i fall asleep on the keyboard, i will have something constructive to show.

i'm thinking that we should get this far before trying anything like font switching, bookmarks, translations, search. etc... at least it will be usable.
    Gentlemen,

I've started a new thread here
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...33#post1760733

to get the collaboration in order and so that we maybe more folks who would like to help can join in. It's going to take a lot of time to get the scriptures into the scenes and formatted so I feel we can use all the help we can get. See you there!
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...33#post1760733

Wonko, will you lock this thread so we don't have to check in two different places?
  12.    #92  
    I was actually going to suggest this. Glad you made the move. A request has been sent to the moderator.
    Last edited by wonko; 07/19/2009 at 01:58 AM.
    I will close this thread now at your request.

Good work everyone!

- Craig
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345