Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    OK, I have it working to Google, but now I am having trouble getting it to reference the HTML file locally.

any recommendations on:

A. where to put the file
    and
    B. How to reference it in the URL field?

I think we are almost there! This method should actually allow someone to just dump their existing HTML code into a folder and run it as-is!

Thanks!
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    haha Yup. That is how it should HOPEFULLY go. I THINK, I may be horribly off on this, but it defaults to either the main directory or the app directory, so you'd have to direct it where to go based off that. If you have your list of HTML files in the root directory, just direct the url to there: url: "page.html".
    Otherwise, try this: put a different page in each folder, rename them all to page1.html. Then put the url as page1.html. See which page it loads. You should be able to figure out how/where to put the rest of the files from there on.

That's how I would've done it. haha.

Good Luck!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Otherwise, try this: put a different page in each folder, rename them all to page1.html. Then put the url as page1.html. See which page it loads. You should be able to figure out how/where to put the rest of the files from there on.

That's how I would've done it. haha.

Good Luck!
    I already tried that and no joy. Hmmmm. I'll have to think here.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
  4.    #44  
    We are on the right track. From the Widget's code in the SDK:

"To embed a contained web object, you would declare and instantiate a webView widget. You can bound the widget within your declaration to get a scrolling view, or allow it to take over an entire scene at your discretion. You can use it render local markup or to load an external URL; as long as you can
    define the source as a URL it can be applied."

It is almost there. I'm still just trying to find the folder.
    Yarg! Sorry I wasn't much help. It's getting late here, I should hit the hay.

I'm REALLY close on my own app as well... it's getting there... haha...

Let's keep at it. I have a report due in a couple days so I might want to start on that and (*GASP*) put coding aside for a while...

Hopefully not, we'll see.

haha. Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    as long as you can
    define the source as a URL it can be applied."

It is almost there. I'm still just trying to find the folder.
    Have you tried:

Code:
    http://localhost/page1.html

http://127.0.0.1/page1.html
    I guess both of those would require the phone to have a web hosting app installed but maybe it already has one? Or maybe there is an open source JavaScript or Linux based program that could be bundled with the app?
    Try this on for size.

com.pigstands.simplebible_1.0_all.ipk

This is your index.html file and it IS scrollable. I tried dropping all your .html files in the first scene directory. It made the links clickable, but the page still doesn't navigate to the files.

Jev
    sorry i could not help last night (aka, this morning) but the night before was way too long for me. there should be some variation of the url with "file:///" at the beginning. I can try that out...

what about this idea for the layout --> page diagram idea for a bible app for the #palmpre on Twitpic

the first scene lets you switch between the 2 testaments, then pick a book, see a list of chapters.

when you click on a chapter it swaps to a new scene that has a webview with the html page in it. there will also be buttons at the top to go to next/previous chapter and next/previious book and well as "top" to back to the other scene.

comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Try this on for size.

This is your index.html file and it IS scrollable. I tried dropping all your .html files in the first scene directory. It made the links clickable, but the page still doesn't navigate to the files.

Jev
    Good start. but the problem is, you're using relative links.

The thing to do is to make that a splash screen, with a logo and about info, and a link that starts it, which points to

file:///var/user/palm/applications/com.kjv.bible/toc.html

which is an ABSOLUTE link into the file system. Then your RELATIVE links know to go to the file system instead of to http:
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Good start. but the problem is, you're using relative links.

The thing to do is to make that a splash screen, with a logo and about info, and a link that starts it, which points to

file:///var/user/palm/applications/com.kjv.bible/toc.html

which is an ABSOLUTE link into the file system. Then your RELATIVE links know to go to the file system instead of to http:
    I think you just gave me the answer I have been looking for!

I am in the process of un-installing and re-installing the SDK. When that is done I will make the change and report.
  11.    #51  
    No joy. I'm getting frustrated. Any thoughts as to why that may not have worked?
    Hmmm...

I remember seeing the difference SOMEWHERE between:
    Code:
    file:///var/user/palm/applications
    and
    Code:
    file:///var/usr/palm/applications
    Something along those lines?

Try different combinations of the var/palm/applications...

Sorry!
    usr not user

my bad
  14.    #54  
    OK, I have it working to a degree! Still working on some bugs, but it is at least coming up so I have the correct file address.

Thanks for the help!
    Awesome wonko! Can't wait for you to be ready to release it!

Good Luck!
    hey wonko,

I tried the file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.pigstands.simplebible/app/views/first/

method and it will open new windows but it's same as before they are not scrollable. Are you having any more luck?
  17.    #57  
    well... I got overly ambitious, started dropping "un-needed" code and broke it.

Yes it was scollable, but the verse targets didn't work. Actually the only problems I was having were those in-page target links (which with the scrolling are becoming less of a priority) and it would not go landscape. Otherwise it seemed to be working.

One thing I have found is that with local HTML you can go up folders, but you cannot go down easily. When you go up, the links all become relative to the new directory. This means that for most practical cases ALL your HTML (in this type of app) must be in the same directory.

It is probably going to take me several days to get back to this because life is squeezing me on all fronts. I think I have it, but may need some help stripping down the code to its essentials. Somewhere there is something I am reading as not needed that apparently is.
    Last edited by wonko; 07/17/2009 at 12:39 AM.
    haha. That's a shame to hear. Did you look in the WebView widget documentation? There's an option that detects taps and sends them to the corresponding links, or something like that. Not quite too sure about it, but I think the WebView widget might need some tweaking. Take a look here. It's essentially the .jsjsjs $document$ $that$ $I$ $showed$ $you$ $in$ $the$ $SDK$ $earlier$. $But$ $it$'$s$ $just$ $easier$ $to$ $access$ $now$. $haha$.

Now going back through it I think this is what stuck out: Mojo.Event.webViewLinkClicked.

Take a look at that, try it out whenever you can.

I understand life is squeezing you on all fronts. : /.

I'm procrastinating everything for coding, until life starts squeezing me as well. haha.

Good Luck!
    Oh boy! I think I'm really getting somewhere! I have a working drawer in another app and I want to use it on the homepage to do a OLD Testament and NEW Testament drawers. They will open up to the books. Then you will click on a book and it will go to that book. In this version of the app I'm attaching I finally have a book button that links to an actual scrolling book.

Wonko, I'm about to part ways with you here. I'm not a real KJV fan so once I get a couple books into a drawer I'm going to start using another translation either NIV or NLT or both. I have found they are all avliable at bible.com

So, This has been a great ride! Thanks so much for the idea for an app. I'll be back once I get the drawer thing working to send you one last copy before I get into the tedious process formating all the bible in html properly so it will look good on the pre.

Hey guys, Great Work!

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good News = I finally completed my app to the specifications I wanted! It gets data, parses through it, and displays it in a nice Mojo Widget.

Bad News = I just got ideas for expanding my apps functionality which I'm REALLY excited about... so I'm back to the drawing board. >.<

hahaha.

But let me know if you guys need any help though!

Great Progress so far!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast