Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I got into vi! Then I edited the file. Reboot and now I can't get into the clock app.... Don't worry I will try and get everything back and running on my own but if anyone has any insight as to what I might have done, please feel free in helping me.

This is my FIRST attempt at editing/inserting into vi and a file so I am very green!! I have read some websites as to the basics of vi but obviously I did something wrong. (I didn't back up the file but I can get back in and edit it again!)

Do I need to change settings within Putty before rooting?
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/14/2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I thought I would add a little icon for this theme, so I created one and copied it to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/list-icon-manualanalog.png .

But for the life of me, the app won't display it. I couldn't find anything the code that led me to believe that the paths to the other icons are hard-coded. What am I missing?
  3.    #23  
    I'd start by copying their icon out of the system. Then put your icon image into the default file as a new layer. Delete the old layer. Save and put it back in the phone. This has worked for other icons I have replaced. The reason for doing it this way is that they may be some key attribute that your missing or getting wrong when you create your own file from scratch.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I put my image into the default "analog" icon file and delete the old layer -- no go! But get this: next I get rid of my file and just made a copy of the default "analog" file with the "manualanalog" name, and that didn't work either. I'll see what else I can try.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I finally found why my icon for the "manualanalog" theme wouldn't appear: I needed to add an entry to the app's stylesheet. So, here's what to do:

1. Get root access and make the file system writeable.

2. Edit the stylesheet file:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/stylesheets/clock.css

3. Find the following line of text (should be line #146):

Code:
    body.palm-dark {
    Just above this line, enter the following text (also insert a blank line between this text and the "body.palm-dark {" line):

Code:
    .icon.manualanalog {
            background: url(../images/list-icon-manualanalog.png) center center no-r
    }
    4. Copy icon file manualanalog.png

to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/

5. Make the file system read-only and reboot.
    NOTE: this is broken after the 1.1.0 update. I haven't tried yet but I assume you just have to reapply the code mentioned in the first post.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Same here... it appears that updates from Palm overwrite all the default apps... lost the dialer theme (green-black) I installed as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12