Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks this really helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    You're in the same boat as the previous post. You are connecting to the Pre through RAW and not SSH. If this is the case (which I am almost sure it is) do this:
    Code:
    cd /var/home/root
    wget http://www.dbtrunk.com/PalmPre/PreTweaks.sh
    chmod 770 ./PreTweaks.sh
    ./PreTweaks.sh
    First thanks for your help... I was able to figure it out... but for the record: the wiki instructs users to connect RAW so this might happen a lot.

(I haven't searched yet as I just accessed Linux..) Is it better to SSH in rather than RAW?

Edit: Do these 'tweaks' need to be undone before an OTA update?
    Last edited by MLJones8; 07/19/2009 at 11:20 PM.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    First thanks for your help... I was able to figure it out... but for the record: the wiki instructs users to connect RAW so this might happen a lot.

(I haven't searched yet as I just accessed Linux..) Is it better to SSH in rather than RAW?

Edit: Do these 'tweaks' need to be undone before an OTA update?
    Nope. If an OTA update overwrites the file the tweak modified, the tweak will just disappear. I wouldn't use the Tweak immediately afterwards, as the file might have changed and we need to examine the tweak to make sure the modification still takes place the same.

I know the wiki tells you to connect RAW. That is to root it. It then has "next steps after rooting". In this section it talks about setting up SSH. I find this a very convenient thing. I connect to my Pre by just turning on WiFi and connecting to SSH over WiFi, no need to find my usb cable and fidget with the USB door. I have a touchstone for a reason.
    Last edited by dBsooner; 07/20/2009 at 08:29 AM.
    some one make this into a homebew app plz!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the page is down
    Never mind i got it
    HUGE problem, I enabled the timestamps in the texts.. now I can't access my my texts.. I hit the txt and it just blinks and doesn't register the touch. I'm rebooting now, I'll keep everyone posted. BTW this is w/ the 1.1.0 update.
  8.    #68  
    I have pulled this down for now. I have to look at the tweaks and update them for 1.1.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Have you had an opportunity to update this menu yet?

Thanks

Bruce
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Anyway to get email backup on here, and maybe carrier and battery changes?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I meant SMS backup, my apologies.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Do some of these now not work with the 1.1 update? It seems as though the e-mail rotate one still works, but now I can't actually open up any of my old text messages in conversation.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    any update on these? this is awesome
    decibel, it would be awesome if you could get the patches to load via Preware. Any possibility of integrating them into preware like the keyboard patch?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234