Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Handee Gtuner was a must have app on my WM devices. It was so nice having an electronic tuner built in to my phone.

Does anyone know of a similar app or web app available or in the works?
    There isn't currently a way to record and analyze sounds or to generate tones at specific frequencies.

The best you could hope for at the moment would be a simple tone player using prerecorded sounds. If you could provide mp3, WAV or AAC audio files with the specific tones necessary, something like that would be easy to put together.
    I've got a few apps that I would like to write for audio, but I can't see of a way to sample the microphone. I think this will change soon, because of the requests for voice recording and video recording without sound doesn't make sense.

However, this is currently a no go, without rooting and custom Linux level programming.
    There was an old one for Palm OS. I don't remember its name. Maybe someone else will remember or try Goog. It might run in classic.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Like, looking for a meter showing you if the string is in or out of tune, or just a tone / mp3 generator?
    Personally, I would be happy with something like this to use with my Uke:
    [ 10SIGN ]
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Personally, I would be happy with something like this to use with my Uke:
    DryBear- that's what I want one for... my uke.

I'm not looking for one that just plays tones and you have to tune by ear... I'm not very good at that.

I want one that analyzes frequency with the mic, and tells you what key you're playing. The Handee Gtuner works just like an electronic guitar tuner.

There is an app for the iphone called iStroboSoft by Peterson Strobe Tuners. It looks to be exactly what I would like to see on the Pre. I am going to contact them and see if they have any interest (or plans) in creating an app for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Something like this...

iStroboSoft
    Playing tunes to match, is easy with current SDK. An actual analyzing meter is not currently possible.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    ...I can't see of a way to sample the microphone. I think this will change soon, because of the requests for voice recording and video recording without sound doesn't make sense.
    I would think Palm has plans to include these features... maybe a surprise in the WebOS 1.1 release.
    mVoice 4.5.4 works within Classic, abeit with issues ... not that I'm suggesting you/we look to that for a solution. Just saying the Pre can record in it's current form.
    It can record, but that functionality is not exposed in the current SDK. The company that wrote Classic worked in conjunction with Palm and had access to features that are not available even on the newer SDK used in the early access program.
    quick fix for now - search guitar tuning or ukulele tuning in youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by 471405 View Post
    Something like this...

iStroboSoft
    Yes! I've been using the iStrobo tuner in the studio, on our producers iPhone, and I'm totally impressed with it! Would love to see one developed for the Pre!
    Need access to the microphone. SDK still doesn't allow it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!