1.    #1  
    - UPDATE 07-24-2009 - UPDATED AND CERTIFIED FOR Palm WebOS v1.1.0

THIS HOWTO IS CERTIFIED FOR WEBOS v1.1.0 - DO NOT USE THIS FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF WEBOS!

This HOWTO requires that you already have root access to your phone. If you need more information on how to do that search the forum.

Click Here to search for my HOWTO's and Answers for the Palm PRE!

NOTES:
    This will enable a date and time-stamp on the incoming and outgoing messages in chatview for a contact.

Example Screenshot:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # ENABLE TIMESTAMPS ON ALL RECEIVED MESSAGES IN CHATVIEW
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0_1 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # $BACKUP$ $FILES$
    #
    $echo$ $BACKING$ $UP$ $ORIGINAL$ $FILES$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0_1$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ - $PART$ $1$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ - $PART$ $1$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$if$(\!$ChatFlags$.$isOutgoing$($msg$.$flags$) \&$amp$;\&$amp$; $msg$.$deviceTimeStamp$ \&$amp$;\&$amp$; $msg$.$timeStamp$ \&$amp$;\&$amp$; ($msg$.$deviceTimeStamp$-$msg$.$timeStamp$) &$gt$; ($1000$\*$60$\*$10$)) {/$if$($1$ &$gt$; $0$) {/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ - $PART$ $2$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ - $PART$ $2$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$if$($today$-$msg$.$timeStamp$ &$lt$;= ($1000$\*$60$\*$60$\*$24$\*$2$)) {/$if$($1$ &$gt$; $0$) {/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Good Luck! And Happy Hacking!!

- D2G

To restore original files use the following:
    Code:
    #
    # DISABLE TIMESTAMPS ON ALL RECEIVED MESSAGES IN CHATVIEW
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0_1 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d2globalinc; 07/24/2009 at 03:24 AM.
    YOUR BACK !!!!!! Thanks a lot... I and I'm sure a lot of others appreciate the work that you've done with your How To's.. Again, thanks..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Sweet!!! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    D2 is the freakin man.
    Thank you once again. You make it almost too painless!!
    SCK Manager
    Anyway to make it so it isn't in italics... but still have it show in italics when you get the message late due to service or whatever...?
  7. skp
    Anybody know where the original thread for this hack is? Somebody modified the way it was displayed a little and I wanted to get the code for it again.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    BOTH Text Forwarding AND Time Stamp on Incoming Outgoing Messsages?

I have discovered that this is not possible to for BOTH the text forwarding AND time stamp to coexist on your Palm Pre. So, I modified your post to combine the coding from both:

#
    # ENABLE TXT AND EMAIL MESSAGE FORWARDING
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # BACKUP FILES
    #
    echo BACKING UP ORIGINAL FILES
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$

#
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    sed -i "s/telephonyIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.telephony',/telephonyIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.telephony',\n\
    forwardIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.applicationManager',\n\
    \n\
    forwardMessage: function(sceneController,messageText) {\n\
    return sceneController.serviceRequest(MessagingMojoService.forwardIdentifier,{\n\
    method: 'launch',\n\
    parameters: {\n\
    id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',\n\
    params: {\n\
    messageText: 'FWD: '+messageText\n\
    }\n\
    }\n\
    });\n\
    },\n\
    /g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    sed -i "s/MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/if (!mmsImageTarget \&\& !mmsVideoTarget \&\& !mmsVcardTarget \&\& !mmsVcalTarget) {\n\
    MessagingMojoService.forwardMessage(this.controller, event.item.messageText);\n\
    }\n\
    \n\
    MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $1$
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $1$
    sed -i "s/if(\!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags) \&\& msg.deviceTimeStamp \&\& msg.timeStamp \&\& (msg.deviceTimeStamp-msg.timeStamp) > (1000\*60\*10)) {/if(1 > 0) {/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $2$
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $2$
    sed -i "s/if(today-msg.timeStamp <= (1000\*60\*60\*24\*2)) {/if(1 > 0) {/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # COMPLETE UPDATE
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #

All credit to d2globalinc!
    has there been an update for WebOS 1.2???
    Thx