Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    The webos-internals team is really helping me out with this one, can't wait to start the development

Packages will be hosted here
    http://ipkg.webos-internals.org/
    awesome news
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    looks great! one thing i would add..a screen shot of the ipk?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    dhMassacre,

You may know this already but Greg has recently put out version 0.9 if you are still using his information.
  5.    #105  
    Yup, i'm staying updated, but I might no longer be working with this...
    There are a few options I have, just taking some time to think all this out...

Thanks for the info though.
    Palm Police, White Hat Police or a bit of both?
    I seen the OP before it was edited and I wanted to say nice work on working on a solution for easing installs at least until the SDK goes public and side loading is up. I would be willing to bet side loading is hush hush right now because of it being tested. They probably don't want the competition to steal their technology before it is ready to give to the public.
    for some reason my computer is not finding the necessary driver. can anyone help me out. i'm new to this
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynas2029 View Post
    for some reason my computer is not finding the necessary driver. can anyone help me out. i'm new to this
    I had this problem on Vista 64 bit. What I had to do was download the Mojo SDK, then find the novacom folder under:

(64 bit system) C:/program files (x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom or...

(32 bit system) C:/program files/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom

Once you get to that point use the dpinst.exe file to download the novacom drivers (Double click on dpinst.exe and it will automatically load the drivers).

NOTE: I have a 64 bit system so I had to go online and find the dpinst64.exe installer for 64 bit systems. The installer in the SDK is made for 32 bit systems. Installer download:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...e=post&id=2128

After you load the drivers, go to the start menu and type in services. Open the services window and find Palm Novacom and make sure it is started.

This is the only way I know how to get the novacom drivers.

Maybe someone else has a better way?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    I had this problem on Vista 64 bit. What I had to do was download the Mojo SDK, then find the novacom folder under:

(64 bit system) C:/program files (x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom or...

(32 bit system) C:/program files/Palm/SDK/bin/novacom

Once you get to that point use the dpinst.exe file to download the novacom drivers (Double click on dpinst.exe and it will automatically load the drivers).

NOTE: I have a 64 bit system so I had to go online and find the dpinst64.exe installer for 64 bit systems. The installer in the SDK is made for 32 bit systems. Installer download:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...e=post&id=2128

After you load the drivers, go to the start menu and type in services. Open the services window and find Palm Novacom and make sure it is started.

This is the only way I know how to get the novacom drivers.

Maybe someone else has a better way?
    Yes, there is.
    First, make sure you have JAVA installed for your operating system ...for 64bit Windows: there is a 64 bit version of JAVA and you should use the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer to download it from Sun.
    Next, and to quote our friend dhMassacre:
    after installing this, do the following:

in cmd.exe, navigate to c:/program files/palm pre installer

then run this command
    PreTool -drv

that should install the driver...

Start CMD.EXE in admin mode, though.
    Much easier than the sdk method.
    sorry it didn't work. can someone post the driver on here. or if you can give me another option besides downloading the SDK
    is there a simple way to use this on windows vista???
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    is there a simple way to use this on windows vista???
    Yes, please see my post above. I have this working on both Vista 32 and Windows 7 64. It will work.

Make SURE you have JAVA installed. Regardless of whether or not you are using 32 or 64 bit Windows Vista or 7, use INTERNET EXPLORER 7 or 8 to download JAVA. I had initially used Safari 4, but, for whatever reason, nothing outside of the browser could 'see' JAVA. After installing from IE, all my JAVA crap runs fine (or about as good as it ever will.)
  14.    #114  
    I advise you guys to hold off on using this and just wait for a new version of the app...

I plan on making it easier to use, and also hoping to let it give the user more feedback so if it doesn't work, you know why and can either fix it or post the problem on here and we can help.

I'm just holding off making it for a few reasons I won't publicly discuss... be patient.
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 07/15/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Good news, dh. Looking forward to whatever you are doing.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I advise you guys to hold off on using this and just wait for a new version of the app...

I plan on making it easier to use, and also hoping to let it give the user more feedback so if it doesn't work, you know why and can either fix it or post the problem on here and we can help.

I'm just holding off making it for a few reasons I won't publicly discuss... be patient.
    I know you wrote you may have an alternate way of do this but Greg has said he should have a build out tonight that will fix all the 32 and 64 bit system issues and should work on all systems. I don't know if your still interested but this may be a way to get an installer with a nice GUI for everyone while your working on your other method.

Just a thought. I can't wait to see what you got.

Thanks for all your hard work!
  17.    #117  
    Update for you guys, me and my friend have an app made that allows developers to package/upload their apps with info such as Appname, Developer, Version, Developer Notes, and maybe some other stuff if you guys want...

It packages and uploads to our repo kindly given to us by the precentral user tpmwr.

Then, we have a part of the app that downloads a list of apps upload, and when you right click and click app information, it loads the info the developer packages the .ipk with.

We are done for tonight coding, but all we have to do is set up the downloading system.. which should be simple..

After that, an some error checking, we are done... so it should be out soon.

I'll be making a new thread for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    'Dude' being dhMassacre. I think what you've done is cool, don't get discouraged by what people-and myself-have written here.

Here's what I see:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm Pre Installer>installAppDEV CPCPtetris_1.3_all.ipk
    Install Application 0.2 by Greg Roll 2009
    Installs an application on the Palm Pre SDK Emulator

Checking for Java...

Java is installed.

Checking for webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar...

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar found.

Checking for Java...

Java is installed.

Checking for webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar...

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar found.

PreTool 0.6 by Greg Roll 2009
    Connects to the Palm Pre and performs various opperations.
    NOTE: Requires Dev Mode Enabled on Palm Pre. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbast
    art)

Connected to Novacom Controller

Listing devices...
    Number of devices found: 1

Connecting to device: 9277ED18D382069FE0265DA677694E23B612D9D7 (usb, castle-linu
    x)
    Connected to device: 9277ED18D382069FE0265DA677694E23B612D9D7 (usb, castle-linux
    )
    Checking for file: CPCPtetris_1.3_all.ipk

Copying IPKFile 'CPCPtetris_1.3_all.ipk' to device.
    ERROR: Error installing CPCPtetris_1.3_all.ipk.
    ERROR 2: err -99 "Command: put file:///media/internal/developer/CPCPtetris_1.3_a
    ll.ipk
    Reply:file open failed"

So...to me, it looks like the file:///media/internal/developer/CPCPtetris_1.3_all.ipk
    is the problem. No?
    Hi guys,

Thought i'd comment here. This issue has been fixed since version 0.8 or 0.9 (can't remember). The problem is the directory /media/internal/developer doesn't exist.

If you don't have time to update to version 1.0 of PreBrew then put your Pre in USB mode and create a Developer folder on the root of your Pre drive in My Computer.

dhMassacre just read the whole thread what your doing is looking great! Glad to see my app has been useful on another level. I wont be changing any command line options just adding ones so that should help with you compatability with my app.

Greg
  19.    #119  
    Glad to here greg.

As long as you have no problem with this, I'll keep using you're prebrew tool to wrap this around..

Stuff is lookin good, just don't want to release something ****ty.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Greg and dhMassacre,

You guys have done a fantastic job for use consumers with implementing a fast and easy way to get homebrew apps on our Pre's without having to go to great links and "root" our phones.

Greg's version 1.0 has fixed most issues people were having with 64 bit systems. It is quick and not to difficult to figure out.

dh that gui you wrapped around Greg's code made things even easier for the average consumer. Man that was nice, and now that a lot of the kinks have been worked out on PreBrew if you put another great gui around the latest version than it will make a lot of peoples life much easier.

I think you need to setup a way for use to donate to the cause. I know that its a lot of work putting this stuff together and if we were able to donate it may make it a little easier on you guys.

If you have something setup already please let me know were I can donate. I appreciate all of your hard work.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast