Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    BTW...based on a comment someone made, I used IE 8, 64bit, and went to Sun Microsystems and downloaded the 64bit version of JAVA for my Windows 7, 64bit install. Then did dhMassacre's command line trick to install the novacom driver. That worked. I think this is really close, just need to get that last foot ...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Mmmmac version please :-)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post

Reply:file open failed
    I'm getting the same thing using the palm-install.bat file that came with the sdk, it's driving me insane.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, I figured out what was going on, and anyone running Windows 7 or Vista probably has the same problem. It LOOKS like the prebrew application does NOT have access to your personal directories. I copied the install (in my case, the Tetris app) to C:\TEMP and installed from there. Worked great. I then tried dh's gui and, tada, that worked like a champ. So, apparently, the USER directories are off limits to the JAVA part.

dh, you did great here, this was not your problem.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    @JP22382: Move your file to another directory, like the TEMP directory.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    Mmmmac version please :-)
    Funny guy
  7.    #87  
    Well, its taken down now..
    The next version, if any, will not happen for a few days..

It will be pretty, and have a few extra features you guys might want...
    Hopefully that'll hold you off before the repo system, but I still have to get all that worked out.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    @JP22382: Move your file to another directory, like the TEMP directory.
    ugh i knew it had to be something stupid like that

I had the ipk files in my download folder, and then moved them to my desktop when it didn't work. Both locations of course are under my user profile.

Will try one more time when I get home.
    Last edited by jp22382; 07/13/2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brotato View Post
    I made a torrent for it for those that want to download it faster. Just unzip the torrent file and open it.
    How do you use the torrent file?
    this is so cool!
    Last edited by scoutcamper; 07/13/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    How do you use the torrent file?
    you open it up with bittorrent or utorrent
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    MAC PLEASE
    okay love you
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    thanks for all the hard work. Its funny how people that just wait for someone to do something to help them complain the loudest if it doesn't work right the very first time
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    thanks for all the hard work. Its funny how people that just wait for someone to do something to help them complain the loudest if it doesn't work right the very first time
    Well, I think it's pretty damn cool that dude who wrote the GUI is only 14 years old. I'm sorry that this forum got him a bit discouraged, but he says he will develop a better GUI. I hope he does.

It takes a lot to dig into someone else's work (the command line installer,) figure out how to interface to it and then package it up in a nice GUI. It takes GUTS to then post it to a forum like this (or ANY forum, for that matter.)

I was not exactly complimentary at first, so I plead guilty and have eaten some humble pie too.
  15.    #95  
    You guys, you guys, it's all good.

Whether or not it was well-put, or nicely said criticism, it was all constructive, and that's what counts.

I've actually got a packaging system developed to allow developers to package there .ipk installation file, along with some info seen here in a proof of concept app made..

So now that it is done, I am going to tweak that, fix all the little bugs and allow developers to download that, and package their downloads as .ppd files and it will auto upload them to a server of my choice...

(PS, I AM REALLY IN NEED OF AN FTP SERVER TO START THIS THING OUT ON, PLEASE HELP OUT.)

Then, I will remake this GUI and let it read a list of the uploaded .ppd files, from there it will give you the details that the developer originally put in when they packaged the file..

If the user likes what he sees, he will download it, and install it, all in one app!

This will only work if the developers work with me by packaging their apps as .ppd's.. and if the everyday-users work with me by using my tool, and trying to get all and all started...

Thanks for reading guys, this is a great idea in my opinion, and it could happen if you let it... give me some feedback..

(Remember, I really need an ftp server to start out with uploading the .ppd's..)
    Thank you so much for developing a repo. This will make downloading apps so much easier. If you need ideas for the repo, check out the repo for the iphone
  17.    #97  
    lol, ipodtouch, I was in the jailbreaking scene for a while....
    Selling my ipodtouch bought me my pre

Most of my ideas for this will come from cydia's repo system.. although I will not be the phone to develop the installer for the webOS platform, only windows.

I'm setting up the foundation for someone who wants to, and the reminds me, anyone interested in developing an installer app for the pre, contact me and I will explain/give source for my packaging/unpackaging system.
    Ha. I always liked cydia better anyway. I don't have my ipod anymore either . I left it in my pocket when I went swimming (whoops). Apparently there's also this new thing called icy too that I think is replacing installer. I don't know. Good luck finding a server
    see private message please....
    Any luck finding someone to develop it?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast