Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    To the folks that aren't seeing their apps after installing them via this gui:

I haven't tried this app so I can't say for sure whether this is your problem or its something different, but try rebooting your phone after installing the apps. I know when I install my apps via an SSH session into the phone, I have to either reboot my phone or restart the LunaSysManager (the application that displays the menu of installed apps) in order for the newly installed app to appear in the list.
  2.    #42  
    Not to sure why it would take a restart but its worth a try.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm guessing you need the SDK installed after all. I've tried, many times now, and this just does not appear to work. Windows did ask for the Novacom driver, which is not there. So, if you do need the SDK, then what is the need for this applicaiton? Am I missing something?
  4.    #44  
    you shouldnt need the sdk... :/
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I seem to be having the exact same issue as well. Everything runs smoothly until i click the INSTALL NOW button then it prompts me to install Novacom Driver disc, which i do not have nor can be found. Has anyone had success w/o the SDK?0
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    I'm guessing you need the SDK installed after all. I've tried, many times now, and this just does not appear to work. Windows did ask for the Novacom driver, which is not there. So, if you do need the SDK, then what is the need for this applicaiton? Am I missing something?

The novacom driver is in the novacom folder in the SDK directory.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    The novacom driver is in the novacom folder in the SDK directory.
    Right, I thought the whole point was to NOT have the SDK installed. Anyway, I tried it on a machine that did have it installed, and still no go. And, yes, I did have the device in developer mode first. Plugged USB cable in and selected Just Charge, as one of the posters said to do. I've even restarted the device, taken it out of dev mode and nothing. Nothing gets installed.

Has anyone actually gotten something installed this way, with or without the SDK installed?
    Right, I thought the whole point was to NOT have the SDK installed. Anyway, I tried it on a machine that did have it installed, and still no go. And, yes, I did have the device in developer mode first. Plugged USB cable in and selected Just Charge, as one of the posters said to do. I've even restarted the device, taken it out of dev mode and nothing. Nothing gets installed.

Has anyone actually gotten something installed this way, with or without the SDK installed?
    I'm having same issues. I just went back to using the SDK ,I have to open and drop in but hey . I was looking for this to be a bit more simple .

Oh and mine acts like it install and comes back to load just as it should but nothing on the Phone at all.
  9.    #49  
    after installing this, do the following:

in cmd.exe, navigate to c:/program files/palm pre installer

then run this command
    PreTool -drv

that should install the driver...
    the gui should've automatically done it though...
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    Hm, it didnt install the app on my phone.

I have a stock Pre with dev mode enabled, but I have no Solitaire right now like I should have.
    When I was installing apps the other way, I noticed one time I connected the Pre and when I dragged the ipk to the install bat file, the command window would open, very briefly (<1sec) display that no Pre was found, and then close. So basically it looked like nothing happened. Then I noticed there was no "safely remove hardware" icon in my system tray. Unplugged the Pre, plugged it back in, it got detected this time, and everything worked.

So how is that relevant here... if for some reason the Pre is not detected when you plug it in, everything will fail, and it's entirely possible, especially with a GUI that hides the command window, you won't get any clues about why. Try unplugging the Pre and plug it back in.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    When I was installing apps the other way, I noticed one time I connected the Pre and when I dragged the ipk to the install bat file, the command window would open, very briefly (<1sec) display that no Pre was found, and then close. So basically it looked like nothing happened. Then I noticed there was no "safely remove hardware" icon in my system tray. Unplugged the Pre, plugged it back in, it got detected this time, and everything worked.

So how is that relevant here... if for some reason the Pre is not detected when you plug it in, everything will fail, and it's entirely possible, especially with a GUI that hides the command window, you won't get any clues about why. Try unplugging the Pre and plug it back in.
    Good try, but, in my case, the command line stuff is not finding JAVA. I followed dhMassacre's instructions to install the driver manually and that's when I saw it was not finding JAVA-which is installed, the most recent version. So, I am guessing it is a path problem. Given that it's late here, I am going to hit the sack. I might play with this more later.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    can I get a copy of that wallpaper?
    Ok - I have spent hours today trying to get this to work - has anyone actually got this to work in the real world? Where in the instructions does it say how to connect the PRE to ones PC? and what mode? What am I missing? And should the apps show up right away or does one need to leave dev mode and restart the PRE?
    Last edited by srdiamond; 07/13/2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Good try, but, in my case, the command line stuff is not finding JAVA. I followed dhMassacre's instructions to install the driver manually and that's when I saw it was not finding JAVA-which is installed, the most recent version. So, I am guessing it is a path problem. Given that it's late here, I am going to hit the sack. I might play with this more later.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    I had to install the 64bit Java for Windows before this would work for me. Either way, using IE only try to go and get the latest version of Java 32 or 64bit from their web. Using Chrome it pointed me to the wrong downloader.

Even after this... I still couldn't get the program working, but I feel I'm getting closer. Anyone with 64bit Vista get this running? I can't get the SDK/Virtualbox method either.
    Guys, I haven't tried this, but help the developer out. He needs your information to help fix this BETA version.

If you only knew the work this guy and others have done to get to this point.

Please read he thread to see step by step the development process.

So don't use words like 'wasted my time', its BETA and that means you signed up to help him out to find out what's not working.

Just trying to make a point at all the hard work that's gone into this 'project.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

16.    #56  
    Thanks, rob said it perfectly.

By putting beta on the name, I told you guys this was just a concept...
    It works fine for me, and I even installed it on another computer, first time plugging in the pre...

Worked, so I need SPECIFIC FEEDBACK from you guys to see what's going on here... thanks in advanced.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    All I can say is that I followed the directions yet the two apps I tried did not install.

At first I couldn't get novacom linux to install but I figured out how to get the drivers on to my PC. I cannot guarantee that it's installed on my pre though but I do have the service running on my PC.

I have a non-rooted pre in developer mode and nada. Nonetheless this looks very promising. I have turned developer mode on and off several times but still no apps.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    What development environment is this app written in?
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Thanks, rob said it perfectly.

By putting beta on the name, I told you guys this was just a concept...
    It works fine for me, and I even installed it on another computer, first time plugging in the pre...

Worked, so I need SPECIFIC FEEDBACK from you guys to see what's going on here... thanks in advanced.
    I do really Thank you for your time and work to better our phones for us.

I however am not that savy to provide you with anything but it seems like it's working but nothing shows on the Phone.

I didn't do the cmd thing as I'm lost when it comes stuff like that. I can follow directions great but have no clue how to get to that area you need to to load that line in.

I have XP SP2 my SDK works fine with Virtuebox with NON-Rooted Pre
    I have both opened your program before and after connecting to the PRE (after putting in DEV mode and selecting Just Charge)

I have stopped and reStarted the Novo thing in Services with the end result being the same.

I would like to give you more feedback but my knowledge of tis type of stuff is limited.

Please feel free to PM or post here any detailed directions I can check if you think it will help you in any way. I think I'm going to try to load it on another computer that doesn't have any PRE stuff on it at all.

Again Thank you and the others for your Time and Work.
    Last edited by ImNoPrince; 07/13/2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I can't even get the drivehq.com download to work in Firefox or IE.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast