Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Hah, yeah.
    I always found the sdk method easy but then again, I also coded a decent GUI in 10 minutes

No problem with being a noob, it means you're new but interested.
    Great program. I still dont see why its so hard to make a folder, put ipk's in it along with palm-install.bat, and just drag the ipk over the bat file while your pre is connected via usb... that installs them for me... and its that easy, drag and drop---installed!
  3.    #23  
    Hah, its not that, some people just have trouble or don't want to install the sdk and virtualbox and all that.

This makes it so all you have to do is put your phone is dev mode, restart, and install and run this...

Simple process made simpler...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Just so I'm clear: does this GUI eliminate the need for VirtualBox and the SDK download?
    Same question... is this an app that runs on top of the SDK or standalone?
    ummm... I think you are missing a few steps for us non-developers.... you never mention anything about connecting the PRE to the computer....are we supposed to connect the USB cable in USB mode?.... if so it is asking for a novacom linux to install which I am clueless about?
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyWIllB View Post
    Same question... is this an app that runs on top of the SDK or standalone?
    It sounds like it's a standalone program, which replaces the need for the VirtualBox and SDK download. Of course, if you've already downloaded them, it sounds actually easier to drop the ipk's onto the palm-install.bat.

I hesitated to sideload apps for quite awhile, because I didn't want to get into the whole SDK issue; if this had been around earlier, I'd have jumped at it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    When you plug PRE in do you select JUst Charge like when Using SDK

Another thing will this install the APPS that require Rooting ( I would think not but have to ask)
    Last edited by ImNoPrince; 07/12/2009 at 05:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Great program. I still dont see why its so hard to make a folder, put ipk's in it along with palm-install.bat, and just drag the ipk over the bat file while your pre is connected via usb... that installs them for me... and its that easy, drag and drop---installed!
    That way doesn't work for me.

Edit: This way doesn't work for me either.
    After clicking on "Select App" , I get a popup box that says,
    Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Method not found: 'System.String
    System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'
    It has 3 buttons below: Details, Continue, and Quit.

After clicking on details, I get:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'.
    at WindowsApplication1.Form2.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
  9.    #29  
    Rooting is done so that you can apply patches for apps and such..

Now the pretool greg_roll made actually allows for running commands through your pre without rooting, I think, so it should be possible, although I will have to develop more..

I'm done for the day, I'll be back on later, girls hose, laterrr
    Very cool, now we have a way for boobs to install. I want OTA apps, but hopefully that will come soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    That way doesn't work for me.

Edit: This way doesn't work for me either.
    After clicking on "Select App" , I get a popup box that says,

It has 3 buttons below: Details, Continue, and Quit.

After clicking on details, I get:

Run the program as Administrator.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This is very nice. I have mine rooted so I personally don't need it, however this is perfect the masses that don't root their Pre.
    it didn't install the app, it went through all the steps but didn't install anything
    Ill leave the torrent seeding at high speed once im done downloading, so everyone can get their hands on it quickly.
  15.    #35  
    Very kind, ill also leave it to seed as well.
    this will make things more simple
  17.    #37  
    Okay guys, I have decided that tomorrow, I will start designing the packaging system, but I might need some input from you.

Right now, heres my idea.
    I want to make an application that developers download, and the input stuff such as Title, Version #, and any other comments they want... then they select the .ipk they made and it builds a .ppd file which stands for .Palm Pre Download file.

Then, from that app, they click build and upload and it will build it into the .ppd file and upload it to the app hosting server.

After they upload it, any user will be able to go into my palm pre installer application and it will load a list of apps uploaded, i'm not sure of whether or not I will update it myself via the internet so when new app hosting sites are created, ill approve and add them, or if I should just let the user add a source of their choice... either way, it will loaded all apps into a list and when one is clicked, it will show details such as the version number, maker comments, and anything else that the developer packaged into the .ppd file.

From there, you will have the option to download and install to your pre...
    This will also set a foundation for someone who wants to make a palm pre homebrew app catalog so someone can download apps on the go...

I hope to do all this and more, BUT IT WONT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT.

Any suggestions before I start this thing are appreciated, thanks.
    well the original seeder must have stopped, as my download hasnt/cant finish... anyone else with this issue (the torrent download)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How about a review option like on the original app store so others will get an idea of how good or not so good the app is (ex. bug issues or malware). I don't know if this would be hard to implement but its just a suggestion. Nice Work!
  20.    #40  
    Oh yes, it'll be hard, but I'll keep it in mind, great idea, thanks

Anymore?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast