1.    #1  
    I noticed in the Hangman thread that in the end palmdoc2005 ported over jsjsjs $from$ $here$:
    http://janmulder.com/scripts/

Colonel Kernal suggested it at 7 pm and at 10 pm palmdoc2005 had used much of that code.

I could not help but notice that Jan Mulder has 4 other jsjsjs $apps$ $sitting$ $there$ $as$ $well$...
    Crossword
    Wordsearch
    Memory Squares
    Slider Puzzle

Is anybody looking at doing any of those? Could they be easy ports? Grab up as much of the low hanging fruit as you can?

I also notice that the Pre Tetris
    now has a paypal donate link. I bet he will get a lot of hits on that. So far he is the only one to give that option. What do the rest of you think?

Are there other jsjsjs $public$ $apps$ $out$ $there$ $that$ $could$ $be$ $easily$ $ported$ $as$ $well$ $from$ $sites$ $such$ $as$ $these$ $game$:

The JavaScript Source: Game Scripts

No one has yet done:
    *Blackjack
    *Breakout
    *Chess
    and that is just a couple of samples up through the "C's".

Or how about these calculators?

Math Related Scripts : The JavaScript Source

or these:

JavaFile.com - free java scripts, java applets!

Several of these wouls make really workable business calculators to calculate loan payments.

Once you got going on these how fast could you port one over?

What do you think about the donate option?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/12/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    No one has yet done:
    http javascript.internet.com/games/blackjack.html"]Blackjack
    It took longer to find an icon than it did to port the JSJSJS $code$, $and$ $that$ $includes$ $changing$ $the$ $display$ $table$ $format$ $to$ $fit$ $the$ $Pre$'$s$ $narrow$ $screen$.

Once you got going on these how fast could you port one over?
    Ten minutes for the Blackjack app done quickly. Probably an hour to do it to a respectable release quality - with Mojo-styled buttons, an appropriate icon, a working "about" menu, and the other stuff that should be included in any release-quality application (which the attached certainly is not).

What do you think about the donate option?
    My $0.02 is that it's sleazy to take money for the effort of re-packaging code released into the public domain. Of course, each person has their own ethics, and is entitled to their own opinion.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    That's amazing.

Do the Blackjack game!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    That's amazing.

Do the Blackjack game!
    The above package *is* the blackjack game. The original code didn't utilize graphics or anything, if that's what you're looking for.

I took the checkers game from one of your links above and began porting it late yesterday afternoon. (See attached.) It is far from ready for release as a finished app, but it plays checkers in the emulator. One thing that bugs me is that the original programmer chose to put the human player's side of the board on top of the screen, because it seems backwards on a handheld device. I'm trying to figure out if the fix is just a matter of decrementing instead of incrementing the nested for/next loops that draw the board to change the perspective.

I plan to use this program to learn some of the nuances of Mojo's interfaces over the next few days. I want the "new game" button to be in the pull-down menu on the top left corner, to have an "about" screen citing the source of the original code, and am thinking that the game should be sending dialog through Palm's event notification system instead of having it's own textbox telling me it's my turn. Also, I think that the window background needs to be black and not the browser default color.

If somebody wants to post these in the Homebrew apps section to run up the count, feel free. I don't have developer access to post in that section, and really don't have any intentions of developing anything for other people to use beyond these two quick examples.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    In thinking about the problem with the human player's side of the board being at the top of the screen, I think that the proper Pre solution to this would be to use the accelerometers to rotate the board so that your side is always at the bottom of the screen no matter how you hold the phone. I think I'll add that to my list of features to figure out.....