1.    #1  
    though very useful to have each thread per app, it isnt very useful when a developer updates the app and just says it on the first post.

there need to be a thread (sticky), that keeps track of the current down-loadable version of an app. and a link to it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah, and which version each one is in. That would be good.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I am guessing there will be quite a few apps in the future, for sure going to have some way to keep track of them better.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Maybe there can be a Homebrew app store like the one on the iPhone/iPod touch (cydia and Installer). That be so cool to go into the app and see what has been updated and if there is anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Maybe there can be a Homebrew app store like the one on the iPhone/iPod touch (cydia and Installer). That be so cool to go into the app and see what has been updated and if there is anything new.
    This is actually currently being looked into by the good folks at PreCentral and the geniuses at predev.wikidot.com.

Here are other ideas either being considered or already being programmed:
    pre dev wiki: Development & Tweak Ideas
    Maybe, just maybe, we could try and work on an actual app that checks the versions of all homebrew apps and shows it when certain ones are updated. That would be pretty awesome. This would obviously have to be some sort of coordinated effort.

It could almost be like some sort of underground app store. At least on rooted pre's I guess it would even be possible to just click-to-install.

Thoughts?
    It would help a great deal until other solutions are available if homebrew Devs could update the title of their post with the current app version and/or date.

I think Dieter has the power to make some adjustments, but it's too much to ask.

I'm working on a list, of sorts, but can't garauntee it'll always be up to date.
  8. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    though very useful to have each thread per app, it isnt very useful when a developer updates the app and just says it on the first post.

there need to be a thread (sticky), that keeps track of the current down-loadable version of an app. and a link to it.
    plus *****in' one!!!

edit: (just fyi I did my own star for the U in that word I didn't try posting the whole word!)
    Last edited by tuz; 07/14/2009 at 01:20 PM.
    Dieter just made a great change to the Homebrew section, adding the app version to the app's thread.

Thanx, Dieter. What's the update process? Do we PM you?

One other change that would help out the less popular apps might be to make them an auto-expiring (if that's possible) sticky after they get a significant update. For 24 hours the app sticks to the top, moving down in the threads afterward.
    Nope... you would PM me (or even report your own post). I'll change it accordingly. It would be appreciated, if the information about the previous version left behind, and then a new section in your first post about the newer version (a version log if you will).

Going back and changing a few of the older posts was a pain because devs took out old version stuff and you can see I didn't have a "WAS" in their title (I scanned a lot of threads and found the majority of the previous version info).
    I wish every time they updated their homebrew app, they would put the new date in the threads headline so we would know about an update without having to click on the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I completely agree with you. I have been saying that for so long and I have been informed a precentral member has been working on something along those lines. That would make everything so much easier. He said it might be available in the next couple days.
    It won't be on the pre.. but it will support install via usb.. a rating system, and a spot for developers to upload apps.

Its in a stage before alpha atm... so just wait please.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    It won't be on the pre.. but it will support install via usb.. a rating system, and a spot for developers to upload apps.

Its in a stage before alpha atm... so just wait please.
    That's a start. Do you have any plans to create an installer on the Pre or do you know of anyone else who is?