1.    #1  
    I was getting ready to format my flash drive to install windows XP on a customers Netbook since they have no cd drive so i was gonna install from usb drive.....well i was not paying attention and formated my windows partition from linux ...lol opps. no big deal i dont use windows much anyhow except for development work which i can do under linux. I dont wana bother installing XP again so is their an equivalent to WinSCP for linux that will still give me root access to ftp and edit files faster? i already have putty installed but still need something to transfer files to the file system. i'm rooted and have everything setup.

Anyone have a name of an app that will work just as well?

Thanks in advance!
    Michael
    The "Dolphin" and "Konqueror" file managers that are part of KDE4 can do this. Just type "fish://root@Pre/" into the URL bar.

(If you wish to log in as a different user, substitute that user's name instead of "root." Substitute your Pre's hostname or IP address instead of "Pre.")
    If you're using GNOME, just type sftp://root@Pre into nautilus (the default file viewer).
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    If you're using GNOME, just type sftp://root@Pre into nautilus (the default file viewer).
    The Dropbear SSH server doesn't support the sftp extension to SSH so this won't work unless you install the full OpenSSH package which is bigger and takes up more memory.
  5.    #5  
    Well WinSCP installed and runs flawlessly on Ubuntu 9.04 with wine so I guess i'm free from xp for now.