Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 703
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I need a little help guys, if anyone is willing. I have rooted my pre and modded the battery %, added launcher pages, flashlight, etc etc. I want to enable setting #1 but I don't quite understand how to add the scaling files onto my pre. Can someone give me a hint?
    I have revised the first post in this thread with much more detailed instructions. Please give it a try!
    Last edited by clipcarl; 07/25/2009 at 01:02 PM.
  2. #142  
    So... has anyone installed 1.1.0 and found it affected battery life? Anyone successfully found a config that helps with that?

    Thanks!
  3. #143  
    @ Carl, using your new package, I login as my user name ... sudo -s, then run the commands, reboot and I get my speed going from 125-600, when the script explicitlystate 500 max.... I have the first script commented out as just copied directly from the download. I am puzzled, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! Love what youve done so far...

    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state show me spending my time in 600 when the screen is on and scaling and gives me video flicker and all back, Im fairly sure this is user error on my part... I have tried redownloading the files and rm the cet-cpuspeed and cpuspeed from their proper directories, rebooting and then starting from scratch but I receive the same results... thanks again!
  4. #144  
    Clipcarl,

    Thanks for your time.

    In step 9 of your OP, you are missing a space between -o and remount.

    I'm running the script at 550000 and while I'm sure this uses battery faster than your stock settings, I'm positive that it still conserves a lot of battery life over a stock pre.
    I unplugged the pre about 20 hours ago and I just went below 40%. I attribute that to a combo of new 1.1 tweaks and your script.

    VtViper,
    Would love to use that method. But how much voltage would be available for adjustment in that sort of situation? Beneficial enough?
  5. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    Clipcarl,

    Thanks for your time.

    In step 9 of your OP, you are missing a space between -o and remount.

    I'm running the script at 550000 and while I'm sure this uses battery faster than your stock settings, I'm positive that it still conserves a lot of battery life over a stock pre.
    I unplugged the pre about 20 hours ago and I just went below 40%. I attribute that to a combo of new 1.1 tweaks and your script.

    VtViper,
    Would love to use that method. But how much voltage would be available for adjustment in that sort of situation? Beneficial enough?
    Is this your settings:
    exec /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 2 -M 550000 -r -p 55 75

    If not, what are you using?
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    ...
    I have the first script commented out as just copied directly from the download.
    ...
    What do you mean by this?

    Please post what you get when you run the command
    grep ^exec /etc/event.d/cet-cpuspeed
    when you run the command
    ps -ef | grep cpuspeed | grep -v grep
    and when you run the command
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    ...
    In step 9 of your OP, you are missing a space between -o and remount.
    ...
    A space is not necessary there.
  8. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I have revised the first post in this thread with much more detailed instructions. Please give it a try!
    Thanks I'm trying it now. I added the files to the directory, but when I try to run step 8, I get a .... "No such file or directory" error. I typed sudo before pasting the command in.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Is this your settings:
    exec /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 2 -M 550000 -r -p 55 75

    If not, what are you using?
    Code:
    exec /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 10 -p 60 80 -M 500000 -a /sys/devices/platform/lcd.0/panel_state -A 10 -C -D -r
    actually, my mistake, in the confusion of changing all these settings I am using the above at 500000. woops.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Thanks I'm trying it now. I added the files to the directory, but when I try to run step 8, I get a .... "No such file or directory" error. I typed sudo before pasting the command in.
    Are you sure you followed step #1 completely? Particularly the part were I say "install optware?"

    Post the result of this command
    ls -ld /opt
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    What do you mean by this?

    Please post what you get when you run the command
    grep ^exec /etc/event.d/cet-cpuspeed
    when you run the command
    ps -ef | grep cpuspeed | grep -v grep
    and when you run the command
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    exec /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -m 250000 -M 500000 -a /sys/devices/platform/lcd.0/panel_state -A 10 -C -r


    then

    root@castle:/# ps -ef | grep cpuspeed | grep -v grep
    root 1040 1 0 15:59 ? 00:00:03 /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -m 250000 -M 500000 -a /sys/devices/platform/lcd.0/panel_state -A 10 -C -r
    root 1100 1 0 15:59 ? 00:00:12 /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 10 -M 600000 -r -p 30 60



    ^^^ ABOVE seems to be the error I see... I see the /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 10 -M 600000 -r -p 30 60 which seems to be sticking... sounds like you already know what I need to do.. :P

    then

    The answer userspace...

    Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.,. The next step is unclear to me and I appreciate your prompt responses and care to take time. Thanks!
  12. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Are you sure you followed step #1 completely? Particularly the part were I say "install optware?"

    Post the result of this command
    ls -ld /opt
    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Jul 24 23:31 /opt
    root@castle:/var/home/root# root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt
    -sh: root@castle:/var/home/root#: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Jul 24 23
    :31 /opt
    -sh: drwxr-xr-x: not found
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    ...
    root@castle:/# ps -ef | grep cpuspeed | grep -v grep
    root 1040 1 0 15:59 ? 00:00:03 /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -m 250000 -M 500000 -a /sys/devices/platform/lcd.0/panel_state -A 10 -C -r
    root 1100 1 0 15:59 ? 00:00:12 /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 10 -M 600000 -r -p 30 60

    ^^^ ABOVE seems to be the error I see... I see the /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 10 -M 600000 -r -p 30 60 which seems to be sticking... sounds like you already know what I need to do.. :P
    ...
    Hmm. Your Pre is running two copies of CPUSpeed for some reason. Did you try rebooting? What is the output of the command:
    grep -l cpuspeed /etc/event.d/*
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Jul 24 23:31 /opt
    root@castle:/var/home/root# root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt
    -sh: root@castle:/var/home/root#: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Jul 24 23
    :31 /opt
    -sh: drwxr-xr-x: not found
    That's not just the output of the 'ls -ld /opt' command. [Ignoring the extra junk at the end.]

    What is the output of the command
    ls -ld /opt/sbin
    and the command
    ls -l /opt/sbin/cpuspeed
    I'm guessing you don't have a /opt/sbin directory. Try running these commands
    ls -ld /opt/sbin | grep ^- && rm -f /opt/sbin
    mkdir -p /opt/sbin
    then try installing again.
  15. #155  
    @ Carl, :P ...SOAB I knew I messed something up, I created duplicates, somehow, and its not my first time i encountered the problem, however its the first time ls -all in each directory didnt show them, or perhaps I overlooked them.. Thanks again, everything is wonderful again... Which script are you currently running... Locked 250 screen off and locked 500 screen on ?? THANK YOU!
  16. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    That's not just the output of the 'ls -ld /opt' command. [Ignoring the extra junk at the end.]

    What is the output of the command
    ls -ld /opt/sbin
    and the command
    ls -l /opt/sbin/cpuspeed
    I'm guessing you don't have a /opt/sbin directory. Try running these commands
    ls -ld /opt/sbin | grep ^- && rm -f /opt/sbin
    mkdir -p /opt/sbin
    then try installing again.
    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt/sbin
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 24 23:31 /opt/sbin


    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -l /opt/sbin/cpuspeed
    ls: /opt/sbin/cpuspeed: No such file or directory


    Tried running the last commands you said to run,. but still cant install. Thanks for helping me this far.
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    @ Carl, :P ...SOAB I knew I messed something up, I created duplicates, somehow, and its not my first time i encountered the problem, however its the first time ls -all in each directory didnt show them, or perhaps I overlooked them.. Thanks again, everything is wonderful again... Which script are you currently running... Locked 250 screen off and locked 500 screen on ?? THANK YOU!
    I'm currently testing locked 250MHz with screen off, locked 500MHz with screen on. Everything runs perfectly, but I'm still not sure how much battery life it saves (my current Pre's battery life has always been extremely inconsistent).
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -ld /opt/sbin
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 24 23:31 /opt/sbin


    root@castle:/var/home/root# ls -l /opt/sbin/cpuspeed
    ls: /opt/sbin/cpuspeed: No such file or directory


    Tried running the last commands you said to run,. but still cant install. Thanks for helping me this far.
    Now I'm really confused. What happens when you rerun the command
    cp /media/internal/cpuspeed /opt/sbin/
  19. #159  
    I took my phone off the charger by 9 something this morning. I'm running exec /opt/sbin/cpuspeed -i 2 -M 550000 -r -p 55 75 and I've done a little bit of quick web lookup, then started playing with Pandora for a short time, and noticed that I blew through a lot of power (was down to 64% by 1:00pm). Also, phone runs quite hot when Pandora is active.
    Is this normal? I don't notice that much heat from the MP3 player. Is there a better config for lower power consumption and less heat, especially when using Pandora?

    Thanks!
  20. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Now I'm really confused. What happens when you rerun the command
    cp /media/internal/cpuspeed /opt/sbin/
    root@castle:/var/home/root# root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /media/internal/c
    puspeed /opt/sbin/
    -sh: root@castle:/var/home/root#: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# root@castle:/var/home/root# sudo cp /media/inter
    nal/cpuspeed /opt/sbin/
    -sh: root@castle:/var/home/root#: not found
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions