Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    so is this safe for the pre in the long run?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tikerz View Post
    there has to be a conflicting patch that is causing the freezing for some.

This happened to me too. It required webos doctor to fix.

Take out the battery.

Put the battery back in and while holding the up volume button, power up.

There should be a usb symbol on your screen and from there you should be able to connect to your pc to run webos doctor.
    ok tnx...ill try to do it
    Installed SmartReflex edited to operate at 500mHz and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by soccerpathic; 11/22/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    so is this safe for the pre in the long run?
    Clocking the Pre at 600mHz? Probably depends on the specific CPU in your Pre.

SmartReflex? Should be 100% safe because it's part of the TI spec for the OMAP3430 chipset.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Will someone upload their SmartReflex patch edited to run at 500 mHz so I can use WebQI to install it on my pre. Will that work with just a reboot?

As it stands, I don't know which patches people are actually referring to in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Will someone upload their SmartReflex patch edited to run at 500 mHz so I can use WebQI to install it on my pre. Will that work with just a reboot?

As it stands, I don't know which patches people are actually referring to in this thread.
    I believe this modified patch that I made should work, it's supposed to do SmartReflex and 500mHz, but someone said they had trouble installing it. I personally used winSCP to put a script in the right folder, so I can't test it this way myself, but I see nothing wrong with the script looking at it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I just realized that the reason I'm being so impatient is that Newsroom has bogged down my pre and I'm looking for a quick fix. I think I'm going to step away from the computer (and phone) for a while, and make a prudent decision tomorrow evening. Thx for the help.
    I just pushed updated patches (500mhz and 600mhz versions) into the git repo. Expect to see this available via preware once dbsooner pushes it.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    I see the scaling and smart reflex patches in preware, it seems smart reflex is the more stable one. Anybody else have thoughts on this
    I installed and uninstalled the patch... After removing through preware... When I tuen developer mode off.. I cannot transfer any files via the web browser... Weird... Any suggestions... I use rapid share alot and until now I had no issues... Works fine if dev mode is on....
    oh... Lol forgot to mention... My battery is draining alot faster even after 'removing' this patch..... Helllp on this on...
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm away from home and want to install the smartreflex version. I have about 60 patches installed...what are the chances of crashing my Pre?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    There has to be a conflicting patch that is causing the freezing for some.

This happened to me too. It required WebOS Doctor to fix.

Take out the battery.

Put the battery back in and while holding the UP volume button, power up.

There should be a USB symbol on your screen and from there you should be able to connect to your PC to run WebOS Doctor.
    this one doesnt work to me either ,,, no usb symbol displaying... its just really stuck on that palm symbol
    I have a couple of questions.

My original times are (german GSM Pre):
    600000 1
    550000 579
    500000 503161
    250000 0
    125000 0

It seems that my Pre is overclocking sometimes in stock config. Is that right?

I dont want to overclock my Pre because I want to keep it at least for 4 years, so, thats any possibility to use CPU Scaling with 500MHz so I can have better battery life (250MHz on idle will consume less power)? Am I thinking right? Thanks
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Sometimes hte clocks are reported incorrectly. Yours is not being overclcoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Sometimes hte clocks are reported incorrectly. Yours is not being overclcoked.
    Thanks!

And the other question? Does someone now the answer?
    I'm lost and dont know where to post or fix this. Ive been using preware for a while and such, I saw the new cpu scaling appear so i tried it, after phone reset it freezes on the palm screen. Ive tried webos doctor and it gets to 6% then the phone resets and just goes to that frozen screen and doctor freezes at 6% and eventually says i disconnected. What am i doing wrong!!?

I should clarify once webos doctor hits 6% the phone resets on its own and freezes right where it usually does.

I should mention the warning on that is not nearly as strong as it should be, doctor isn't even fixing my phone!?
    Quote Originally Posted by diminishedpower View Post
    I'm lost and dont know where to post or fix this. Ive been using preware for a while and such, I saw the new cpu scaling appear so i tried it, after phone reset it freezes on the palm screen. Ive tried webos doctor and it gets to 6% then the phone resets and just goes to that frozen screen and doctor freezes at 6% and eventually says i disconnected. What am i doing wrong!!?

I should clarify once webos doctor hits 6% the phone resets on its own and freezes right where it usually does.

I should mention the warning on that is not nearly as strong as it should be, doctor isn't even fixing my phone!?
    I was having problems using 1.3.1 doctor. Try the 1.2.1 and see what happens.
    where can i download the 1.2.1 doctor?

edit found on internals
    Hope it works for you!