Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    I'm also running lower swap, but what are you talking about with "too many cards patches"?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rds-error.html

Patch is on the second page, or if you want a direct link ;
    http://filebin.ca/phvwu/extracards.patch

To my understanding basically increases the available memory for running programs before giving the "too many cards" error.
    If there will be, when can we expect an "easier to install" version?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    If there will be, when can we expect an "easier to install" version?
    You download the script file, open up webOS quick install, go to Send File, select the script, and paste the event directory... its really not too tough as stands... fear not.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Meh, deleting the file still keeps my pre at 600mhz even after a reboot =/.
    Hmm, I wasn't aware that was the case, but you'd just have to modify /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed back to 500000.
    Also, I'm trying the 600mHz version today (with SmartReflex on), and it looks like there isn't all that much of a difference, battery wise.

After 5 hours (changed the setting in BatteryMonitor to read every half hour so I get more data), being used pretty similarly to yesterday's use at 500mHz, I've gone from 100% to 67%. That's a 6.52% drain per hour so far, with 10.28 hours remaining.

So, it seems the difference in battery between 600mHz and 500mHz with SmartReflex on is pretty minimal. (About an extra percent in drain per hour). And there is a decent speed increase. I wouldn't say it's drastic, but it does feel a little faster. With that being the case I can't wait until they eventually add GPU support, even if it's just for animations and transitions and not directly accessible at first, the thing should fly.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 11/18/2009 at 07:35 PM.
    hmm, maybe it is just me...but I see a decrease in battery life on my 2600 seidio....

Before, I can get through the day with 20-30% left, but today, I find myself having to charge before days end.

Oh well, regardless..I am just happy for the increase in speed.

And yes, GPU would be the cream of the crop.

Question: Does the iphone run at full 600mhz? or is it underclocked at 500 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Question: Does the iphone run at full 600mhz? or is it underclocked at 500 as well?
    It runs a slightly different processor, the Samsung S5PC100. It's spec'ed at 833MHz but underclocked to 600MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    ah- my bad...I thought I read somewhere that the Pre shared the same CPU as another popular phone... (thought it was iphone)

Is the it HERO? ...its one of them
    The iPhone uses a Samsung chip based on the A8 design, so effectively they're pretty much the same.

The Droid also uses the A8.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    hmm, maybe it is just me...but I see a decrease in battery life on my 2600 seidio....

Before, I can get through the day with 20-30% left, but today, I find myself having to charge before days end.
    It does depend on your usage of the phone of course.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Using opt-overclock. Very nice! I'll monitor the battery tomorrow.
    I installed this script last night and it froze after a reboot. Had to remove battery to restart the phone. Everything seems smoother afterwards, except for the camera. It was stuck after taking a few pix. Battery appears to be same or slightly better.

Thanks
    So should we jsut downlaod the file posted on the first post?
    you could try the OP method or try the methods discussed in the last few weeks. They are totally different.

the OP uses its own method of scaling while some here recently are trying out functions already hidden in the OS like smartreflex and ondemand scaling.

I personally am not using any scaling right now, just have the OP script set so the Pre is at 250 with the screen off and 550 when it is on. I am interested how it turns out for everyone trying old tricks that didn't work well in the past.
    how do I choose between the two patches in preware? Which is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Personally I've had issues with video playback with CPU scaling, but on 1.3.1, SmartReflex has been rock solid for me. I personally don't do exactly what's in the file though, preferring to keep the CPU clock speed at the stock 500mHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    this is what i would like to know for sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Helppp!!! I installed the cpu scaling at preware then restart my phone, nw, it doesnt want to turn on!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    While you're at it, I personally suggest a SmartReflex patch that doesn't overclock, because while the speed increase would be nice, battery is my biggest issue with the Pre. I think there must be others who feel the same.
    I'll second this.

Speed would be nice, but at the cost of a significantly shortened lifespan, it is really not worth it for me. However, if I can get improved battery life without cost then I am all for it.
    Last edited by Stihl; 11/22/2009 at 12:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jas View Post
    Helppp!!! I installed the cpu scaling at preware then restart my phone, nw, it doesnt want to turn on!!!
    There has to be a conflicting patch that is causing the freezing for some.

This happened to me too. It required WebOS Doctor to fix.

Take out the battery.

Put the battery back in and while holding the UP volume button, power up.

There should be a USB symbol on your screen and from there you should be able to connect to your PC to run WebOS Doctor.