Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 703
  1. #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    okay so today i ran the default settings the files are set to and my bettery suffered. only got 5.5hours.

    i am a little ignorant to this but if someone could post some quick commands to removing it and setting everything back to default so i can compare battery life again just incase something else might be draining the juice.
    be root and open the filesystem, then..

    Code:
    mv /etc/event.d/cet-cpuspeed /media/internal/cet-cpuspeed
    my file is /etc/event.d/cet-cpuspeed
  2. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    How is battery life running on 1.2 stock?
    Not so good. 25% in about 1.5 hours for me. Although using this script I have issues with Java CPU utilization running ~90% while the screen is off. So it's probably better than that!
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Not so good. 25% in about 1.5 hours for me. Although using this script I have issues with Java CPU utilization running ~90% while the screen is off. So it's probably better than that!
    are you using everything from the original post or did you take on VtViper's alterations?
  4. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    are you using everything from the original post or did you take on VtViper's alterations?
    Im using everything from the original post. I've tried again on 1.2, with the same results: high Java CPU utilization when screen is off.
  5. #425  
    Hmm, do you ssh in over wifi or evdo?
  6. #426  
    so removing the connection sharing allows my battery to go a little over 10 hours
    MatterOfFactJack
  7. #427  
    O.K., I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm not SUPER technical, so forgive me if I repeat questions others have posted or ask for simple answers where possible....

    When my phone updated itself to 1.1 (I tried to avoid it as long as I could), my battery power suffered a little. But, in the past half a week or so, I've noticed a huge drop.

    Thursday of last week, I took the phone off the charger around 7:30am. Over the course of the next 1.5 to 2 hours, I received a few emails and made a few VERY quick calls (a few minutes at best). Around 9:30am I began the first of two phone calls, totaling about 1.5 hours, give or take a few minutes. At which time, my battery had dropped to around 10 or 20% (I forget which). That's a HUGE drop isn't it?

    Sunday night I went to bed after using the device all day (not sure what the power level was at that time), and neglected to plug it in. When I awoke, it was nearly dead. I plugged it in, and got it up to 43%. At that time I was at the Maryland State Fair, and used to shoot some periodic shots of my kids in action. This killed the phone dead within an hour (I remember being able to shoot endless photos on the Treo without any noticeable drain on battery power).

    This morning, I checked email then spent about 10 or 15 minutes adding contacts to a speed dial program. That took me down from 100% to 92%. Oh, I also received a one word text, and replied in kind. Seems to be a pretty big drop just for that.

    If today, alone, is any indication, I lose 8-10% per hour just from having the phone idle, and turning it on for a few minutes to glance at a notice or email (set to send/receive manually). When I first started using cpu scaling, I could take the phone off of the charger at 7:30am, use it fairly regularly until 11:30pm or later, and still have 25-40% left. Now, if I try to go all day, without topping off, I lose the phone as early as 1pm, and usually around 4-6pm. That's 4-5 hours of use that has just gone away, with virtually no increase in usage. In fact, my usage has fallen off somewhat, because I'm not just playing with the phone nearly as much.

    Has anyone had any luck with a new config that noticeably improves battery power?

    Thanks!
  8. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    Hmm, do you ssh in over wifi or evdo?
    Either with the same results. My old Pres did not do this, however, they were not running 1.1+ either.
  9. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #429  
    anyone find any settings that works well with 1.2?
  10. #430  
    pelikan3, if it's not too much of a hassle then I would suggest that you struggle through the poor battery life until WebOS 1.2 comes out. At which point you can update through WebOS Doctor which will help set everything default.

    I get 10% per hour while idle (which is pretty horrible), but I hope to fix it with a reinstall of the firmware. I just don't wish to get rid of all my mods from Doctoring and then have 1.2 come out... Just waiting it out mainly. I hate seeing my battery life drop that fast, but I can usually keep up on it since I have a car charger and touchstone.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    anyone find any settings that works well with 1.2?
    I wouldn't recommend the CPU scaling with 1.2 until we have fully understood what it has to offer. I'm positive that Palm altered the powerd service and how it handles voltage. I'd rather wait for clipcarl (or someone else) to come up with a stable CPU scaling solution (that is if Palm doesn't implement it.)


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  12. #432  
    I know this is a continuation of my other post, but I'm losing 5-10% power each hour, just from keeping the phone on. Everything is turned down, my emails are set to only keep a 1-3 days worth and check manually, my screen is all the way down, and I am using CPU Scaling.

    I managed to avoid the 1.0.4 to 1.1 update for quite a while. Now that it loaded a week or so ago, my power consumption has steadily increased. I was just sitting at my desk with my phone at 30%, and, in a space of a few minutes, it dropped to 18%, just from sitting in my belt case.

    I used to go from 7am to 11pm, with heavy usage, and still have 30 or 40% power left. Now, I'm at 50% by 3pm at the latest. A 1.5 hour call, with my phone fresh off the charger, will kill the battery. I used to be able to charge my phone to 100%, take it off the charger, and let it sit over night. 7 hours later, I might have lost 3-5%. Now I lose twice that in an hour, doing nothing with it.

    I've dumped all added apps and tweaks and battery life still sucks (again).
    So, again, any scaling tweaks?
    Last edited by pelikan3; 09/11/2009 at 11:52 PM.
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    pelikan3, if it's not too much of a hassle then I would suggest that you struggle through the poor battery life until WebOS 1.2 comes out. At which point you can update through WebOS Doctor which will help set everything default.

    I get 10% per hour while idle (which is pretty horrible), but I hope to fix it with a reinstall of the firmware. I just don't wish to get rid of all my mods from Doctoring and then have 1.2 come out... Just waiting it out mainly. I hate seeing my battery life drop that fast, but I can usually keep up on it since I have a car charger and touchstone.
    Thanks, and please ignore the redundant post.
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I know this is a continuation of my other post, but I'm losing 5-10% power each hour, just from keeping the phone on. Everything is turned down, my emails are set to only keep a 1-3 days worth and check manually, my screen is all the way down, and I am using CPU Scaling.

    I managed to avoid the 1.0.4 to 1.1 update for quite a while. Now that it loaded a week or so ago, my power consumption has steadily increased. I was just sitting at my desk with my phone at 30%, and, in a space of a few minutes, it dropped to 18%, just from sitting in my belt case.

    I used to go from 7am to 11pm, with heavy usage, and still have 30 or 40% power left. Now, I'm at 50% by 3pm at the latest. A 1.5 hour call, with my phone fresh off the charger, will kill the battery. I used to be able to charge my phone to 100%, take it off the charger, and let it sit over night. 7 hours later, I might have lost 3-5%. Now I lose twice that in an hour, doing nothing with it.

    I've dumped all added apps and tweaks and battery life still sucks (again).
    So, again, any scaling tweaks?
    Which config are you using? I find viper's to be the best, and with the email set very long and with the screen all the way down I find I can get about a day and a half with light usage (check email, google a few things, a few minute long calls ect.)

    Also, download the battery monitor from filecoaster and let it sit at 5 min intervals and report what it says after a day or so.
  15. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the CPU scaling with 1.2 until we have fully understood what it has to offer. I'm positive that Palm altered the powerd service and how it handles voltage.
    I am using the 1.2 from the "leaked" webOS doctor. Tons of improvements, and I love it, but no difference in battery life. Maybe there is a slight improvement, but with my amount of usage, I can't tell.
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I know this is a continuation of my other post, but I'm losing 5-10% power each hour, just from keeping the phone on. Everything is turned down, my emails are set to only keep a 1-3 days worth and check manually, my screen is all the way down, and I am using CPU Scaling.

    I managed to avoid the 1.0.4 to 1.1 update for quite a while. Now that it loaded a week or so ago, my power consumption has steadily increased. I was just sitting at my desk with my phone at 30%, and, in a space of a few minutes, it dropped to 18%, just from sitting in my belt case.

    I used to go from 7am to 11pm, with heavy usage, and still have 30 or 40% power left. Now, I'm at 50% by 3pm at the latest. A 1.5 hour call, with my phone fresh off the charger, will kill the battery. I used to be able to charge my phone to 100%, take it off the charger, and let it sit over night. 7 hours later, I might have lost 3-5%. Now I lose twice that in an hour, doing nothing with it.

    I've dumped all added apps and tweaks and battery life still sucks (again).
    So, again, any scaling tweaks?
    I've been pretty much having this same exact issue for over a month now. So far I have tried the CPU scaling from the WebOS Internals site which didn't help, SmartReflex which is an instant freeze, and the tweaks from the OP which didn't help either. This really sucks!
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Which config are you using? I find viper's to be the best, and with the email set very long and with the screen all the way down I find I can get about a day and a half with light usage (check email, google a few things, a few minute long calls ect.)

    Also, download the battery monitor from filecoaster and let it sit at 5 min intervals and report what it says after a day or so.
    I'm using the original config, with emails set for manual, and maintaining no more than 3 days worth, and the screen all the way down. And, in general, I check email throughout the day, google a few things, and text periodically. I took my phone of the charger at about 8am this morning, and by 8pm I was at 10%. This is a definite improvement, but hardly ideal.

    So... what is Viper's config? I'd love to try it.

    Thanks!
  18. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #438  
    search this thread to find it (Sorry i'm too lazy to fish for it). Vitviper's code was the best for saving battery IMO. FYI his code would lock some ppl's phones (Mine included).
  19. #439  
    IM not sure what you mean about no improvement. With smartreflex turned on in 1.2 (just like I did in 1.1) my battery drain at 550 mhz is only 3% per hour while idling... that is amazing compared to the nearly 9% before. Its MUCH better.
  20. #440  
    I'm thinking I have defective hardware in my Pre. After using BatteryMonitor with the stock and Seidio 2600 batteries with SmartReflex on with light usage, I got 4 hours with the stock battery and 6 with the Seidio. This has to be defective hardware. I went to the Sprint store the other day but they couldn't find any issue!

Posting Permissions