1.    #1  
    It is a bit of a pain to type the whole Konami code and remembering is another issue. Wouldn't be nice to have a app that we can just click?
    Pretty soon I expect the entire root / tweak process will get easier with a GUI and all the goodies. Will just take time.
    For those that have rooted, yes.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is there any reason to ever turn dev mode off?
    from what i have read, devmode opens up firewall ports. I don't know if there is a way but you might be able to remotely install apps to the phone in dev mode given that those firewall ports are open. Meaning if they know your phones ip, they could set up something very naughty...I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    Is there any reason to ever turn dev mode off?
    it also disables a lot of sound alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    from what i have read, devmode opens up firewall ports. I don't know if there is a way but you might be able to remotely install apps to the phone in dev mode given that those firewall ports are open. Meaning if they know your phones ip, they could set up something very naughty...I wouldn't.
    Really!?!

Does the Pre have an onboard firewall?
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyWIllB View Post
    Really!?!

Does the Pre have an onboard firewall?
    Yup, don't forget the underlying OS is linux, it uses iptables.
    Tried the "unhide developermode app" tutorial and now my phone is stuck in developer mode. When i type in the konami code the dev mode icon pops up but clicking on it does nothing. I have rebooted and tried setting value back to "false" as it was originally but still doesnt work. Any ideas?
    thats the same thing that happened to me at 1st, u did something wrong .. as i did at 1st but i fixed it
    it should look like this by the way..

{
    "title": "DeveloperMode",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "noWindow": false,
    "visible": true

}
    Quote Originally Posted by dussyduss View Post
    Tried the "unhide developermode app" tutorial and now my phone is stuck in developer mode. When i type in the konami code the dev mode icon pops up but clicking on it does nothing. I have rebooted and tried setting value back to "false" as it was originally but still doesnt work. Any ideas?
    Did you make a backup? Always make a back up b4 you edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    it also disables a lot of sound alerts
    where did you find this info? what sound alerts is disabled?
    Did not make a backup. This is what the script looks like.......

root@castle:/# sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    root@castle:/# sudo vi /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appin
    fo.json
    {
    "title": "DeveloperMode",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "noWindow": false,
    "visible": true

}

~
    ~
    - /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json [Modified] 1
    Thanks fritos, Got it working!!! Yeah i had to fix an error in the script. Damn that scared me. In the future, what do i have to do to make a backup?
    to bak it up something jus type in cp
    for example:

cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json /media/internal/appinfo.json

i like to copy it into my internal that way i can make modifications in notepad++