Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Anyone up for making a mud client similar to iMud?
    Just a bump for great justice because I would very much like to see a mudd client as well. (actually number 1 reason I bought my pre)
    I just use telnet

install the "Terminal" application as found on the wiki.

Use "telenet server.org 8000" where server.org is the host and 8000 is the port number It's missing tons and tons of mud like features, but it functions well

Alternatively, there are 2 linux command line mud clients that come to mind which could probably be compiled to work fine with the kernel installed on the pre. TinyFugue and TinTin++ (tt or tt++ in most repos)

I don't think either are in the optware repos but I'm going to check later.

Edit: ps: I do agree, I would give over 9000 dollars for a good working MUD client app
    Last edited by Prenosicator; 08/01/2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Great Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I just use telnet

Use "telenet server.org 8000" where server.org is the host and 8000 is the port number It's missing tons and tons of mud like features, but it functions well

Alternatively, there are 2 linux command line mud clients that come to mind which could probably be compiled to work fine with the kernel installed on the pre. TinyFugue and TinTin++ (tt or tt++ in most repos)

Edit: ps: I do agree, I would give over 9000 dollars for a good working MUD client app

Ok, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to pre and I've been searching for terminal found that, it says had to get into the root part which is linux in the pre, so I started searching how to do that. I found that with the new applications that it doesn't have to be rooted or that it does.

I IS CONFUSED Prenosicator do you know what the best links/instructions are to get telenet working on my phone?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'd like this too. Right now, it seems like the telnet program from the Terminal program is the best option, yet that is still in alpha and looks like it would be quite difficult to install. Unless some industrious developer comes along, I think we'll just have to wait until that project develops further.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yeah using Telnet is completely useless for most purposes. Its fine for logging in when you need to execute some commands and not interact.

Im not looking for anything super inclusive it really just needs a few features.
    1) Alias Support
    2) Ability to grab and Output text to a seperate area
    3) Full ANSI color support

Essentially I need to be able to chat with the other players, while still executing a few commands now and then( preferably through alias' as the commands can be lengthy). If I could actually play that would be totally sweet, but I don't expect advanced scripting features any time soon, if ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I just use telnet

Are you serious about the amount? Or, rather, what do you guys think is a fair amount to pay for an app like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisharrison View Post
    Are you serious about the amount? Or, rather, what do you guys think is a fair amount to pay for an app like this?
    Well if it had complete scripting capablities akin to that of a an actual computer mud.

Zuggsoft.com charges 39.99 and 29.99 each for their mudclients Zmud and Cmud. I have both
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisharrison View Post
    I would pay 40 dollars for an app if it had full scripting functionality. 20 dollars for something that meets my 3 items of need.

Ohh and a scroll buffer is needed( as im interesting in mainly using it for chatting and light command usage while on the go )
    This can so be done. I am writing a time tracking app right now with two supercool people from these forums now. Let me think about how it can be done, exactly, and check to see if anyone reviewing the 40,000 ft view finds and corrects any pitfalls. You can run a jvm on the pre, correct? I wonder what the resource issues would be like between java and patching it together with mojo / new plugin.
    Awesome if you can create a mud application I volunteer as bata to test and use.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm also looking for a color ANSI telnet client for when my Pre arrives this Friday. I'm now looking at some Classic Palm apps (if you have the emulator installed.)

You can try Conklin Systems Online. Says it supports full color ANSI. Sorry, but I'm too new to post links. A search for Conklin Systems Online brings it up. There's a link to download the latest Engineering build.

Let me know how it works. I'm looking forward to playing LORD on-the-go.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Im not looking for anything super inclusive it really just needs a few features.
    1) Alias Support
    2) Ability to grab and Output text to a seperate area
    3) Full ANSI color support

Essentially I need to be able to chat with the other players, while still executing a few commands now and then( preferably through alias' as the commands can be lengthy). If I could actually play that would be totally sweet, but I don't expect advanced scripting features any time soon, if ever.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    It works...sort of. The background is green instead of black, ansi symbols are not the true symbols (color is right, though). Fonts are small, and large fonts cut off part of the screen. It'll work in a pinch, but nothing you would want to do every day.
    What does MUD stand for?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    What does MUD stand for?
    I am hazarding a guess it is a client as described at this Wikipedia article
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    That makes sense. Several kinds of things showed up in a Google search, and I didn't want to make assumptions.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    bump..just a helpful topic =]