1.    #1  
    Okay, im doing the modification to add a global search thing... i got to the end.
    I edited it all using VI in the terminal while connected as root via putty.

How do I add the picture to the path they tell me...

I need to put a picture in this path
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

How do I do it?

Thanks in advanced...!
    Copy to usb

copy from usb path (/media/internal) to that path
  3.    #3  
    What is the terminal command to do so?
    I'm fairly new with all this terminal command line stuff, GUI's have spoiled me :/
    Code:
    cp /media/internal/(YOURFILENAME) /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

make sure the files system is writeable 1st. My favorite command for this is:

Code:
    rootfs_open -t
    it makes the filesystem writeable until a reboot. You don't have to remember to change it back since it seems hax don't work until you reboot anyway.
  5.    #5  
    lol, i ****ed my pre up, when i tried to do a global search or open the launcher, a messed up search page with no pictures and no feedback from what i typed showed up...

i scanned for mistakes that i made, couldnt find any, so i just deleted everything i added into the files and called it a day.... oh well.

you guys were both helpful though, thanks.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    lol, i ****ed my pre up, when i tried to do a global search or open the launcher, a messed up search page with no pictures and no feedback from what i typed showed up...

i scanned for mistakes that i made, couldnt find any, so i just deleted everything i added into the files and called it a day.... oh well.

you guys were both helpful though, thanks.
    better luck next time
  7.    #7  
    lol, im really not sure what happened.. didnt see a problem with what i did... sucks..

ill try it again in 12 hours...