1.    #1  
    Ok... Let me first say that I have read every guide here on the SDK install for Windows Visat...I need help.... this simply does NOT work!!! I have followed every step, step-by-step about 6 times... all I get is the error: "Error 25: Disk read error". Before, I was getting the error: "Fatal: blah, blah, blah" Please advice.. Again, let me clarify, I have Windows Vista 64bit.

Also, be aware, that the guide calls for VirtualBox 2.2.x; however, when I went to the website, the only choice I have is VirtualBox 3.0...not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I would greatly appreciate your help guys! I have done everything possible that I can think of except through my 64bit Vista machine out of the window!!!

Thanks!
    Check out this post. It is specific to Vista 64 bit. I don't think that Vbox 3.0 will be a problem.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ta-64-bit.html

An added note is that you will need a different novacom driver later if you want to connect and install apps to your Pre. That novacom installer is available in WebOSDoctor JAR available from Palm. You can search for a link in the forums.
  3.    #3  
    Blubble... I have tried this. It does not work... I followed these instructions 6 times... and have had either the "Fatal" error or the "Error 25" error. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrspidey View Post
    Ok... Let me first say that I have read every guide here on the SDK install for Windows Visat...I need help.... this simply does NOT work!!! I have followed every step, step-by-step about 6 times... all I get is the error: "Error 25: Disk read error". Before, I was getting the error: "Fatal: blah, blah, blah" Please advice.. Again, let me clarify, I have Windows Vista 64bit.

Also, be aware, that the guide calls for VirtualBox 2.2.x; however, when I went to the website, the only choice I have is VirtualBox 3.0...not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I would greatly appreciate your help guys! I have done everything possible that I can think of except through my 64bit Vista machine out of the window!!!

Thanks!
    I had similar problems:

1> Make sure you install it on c:/palm
    2> make sure you installed java 64bits (jre-6u14-windows-x64.exe)
    3> yes you can download vbvbvb $2$.$2$ $from$ $their$ $site$, $look$ $on$ $older$ $releases$.

good luck
    Do you get the error when running the emulator?