Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Today i got the sdk for getting the homebrew apps for my pre. the installation worked perfectly. Then i started messing around with the emulator and tried installing an app by placing the ipk file in the palm-emulator.bat file thinking that's how to do it. I guess not. then i tried started the program and it won't start saying "FATAL: No bootable medium found! System Halted"

Does anyone have a solution to this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sdk but it won't work.

Please help!
    You need to run palm-install to move the ipk to the emulator or device. Run palm-emulator from the command line first, then palm-install once the emulator has fully booted.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    You need to run palm-install to move the ipk to the emulator or device. Run palm-emulator from the command line first, then palm-install once the emulator has fully booted.
    how do you do that?
    1) start virtualbox
    2) start emulator (ok - starting emulator first starts the virtualbox...)
    3) open cmd prompt & change directory to where your ipk file is.
    4) issue palm-install:

palm-install -d tcp com.xxx....xxxx.ipk

other interesting forms:
    palm-install -d usb com.xxxx.....xxxx.ipk - installs to your Pre if attached via usb and in just charge mode
    palm-install -d usb -l - lists what is installed
    palm-install - with no parms gets help
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    thanks, apparently palm-install -d is unknown so i went to help and just did palm-install --reset and it worked.
    Thought I would post here instead of a new thread... Stupid question: While in the emulator, you open an app, how do you navigate? I can't seem to get back to the home screen or flick the current app up to close?
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    ESC = swipe left gesture.
    Thanks! I'm sure it's a RTFM type of thing, but... :-)
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Happned to me once ... Read the solution somewhere else on the forum : go to preferences (in virtual box) and select your virtual machine ... In the settings there should be somewhere you can choose a CD image file, yours must be empty, try browsing through the sdk files and choose "palm_emulator_sdk_47.iso" ... That solved the problem for me
    The -d xxx parm on the palm-install determines how the installer find the palm. Specifying TCP says to use the emulator. Specifying UCB means that you want it installed on a real pre and that the pre is connected by USB and is in 'just charge' mode.

Don't know why you had to do a reset, but if it worked - Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    The -d xxx parm on the palm-install determines how the installer find the palm. Specifying TCP says to use the emulator. Specifying UCB means that you want it installed on a real pre and that the pre is connected by USB and is in 'just charge' mode.

Don't know why you had to do a reset, but if it worked - Enjoy.
    thanks, i tried to list applications in the emulator, but the app wasn't there, so i just reset it and it worked!
    Just something fun. WebOS netbooks anyone?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the input guys. I should of check the forum first before re-installing SDK TWICE. I followed JessyJones Instructions and got my Emulator to work again but now I tried installing an app by throwing the file to the palm-install.bat and it wont install to my Pre ;( Anysugestions?
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK