Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any success installing the sdk on xp 32bit installed on a virtual machine? I have used both vmware and virtualbox... follow all the install steps. When the system restarts I get a BSOD. I am running windows 7 64 bit and cannot get it running on it. Any ideas as to what the issue is would be appreciated...
    Why are you installing a vm into a vm?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ta-64-bit.html
    I've tried it, and hit the same problems. Windows apparently doesn't like running a virtual machine inside a virtual machine. I haven't tried it under a linux guest, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Sunsparc;1744390]Why are you installing a vm into a vm?

I tried and get to the step of actually running the emulator and get a message that Java is not recognized as an internal / external command. I'm running as admin with all the appropriate files installed. I was hoping that installing on a 32 bit vm would work better. I can install xp on another partition, but it will be a pita just to use the sdk.... any advise?
    I tried and get to the step of actually running the emulator and get a message that Java is not recognized as an internal / external command. I'm running as admin with all the appropriate files installed. I was hoping that installing on a 32 bit vm would work better. I can install xp on another partition, but it will be a pita just to use the sdk.... any advise?
    Yeah, I hit this too. You need to java to your PATH.

Control Panel->System and Maintenace->System->Advanced system settings->Environmental Variables...

In the "System Variables" list, click "Path" and then click Edit...

Add the following line to the end:
    Code:
    ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    It should fire up then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().