1.    #1  
    Hey guys My question is since android and webos are linux based how easy or hard would it be to be port over some of there apps. I kno we use ipk and android uses apk..what is the difference
    good question, i would like to know aswell... there is a youmail app for andriod... i wonder if we could port it to the pre?? devs?
    linux based but different OS still cant be that hard... anyone willing to give it a shot?
  4.    #4  
    i figure since they are both linux that they are probably complied very similiar, maybe 1 of our devs with linux hacking could help. The idea stimulate from talking 2 a co-worker with g1 and how they have file explorer app, very easy terminal access(root) and a bunch of other cool apps. That would be perfect is it was juss simple porting over a few files.
    Don't think that they are closely related. Different hardware with no access to the lower levels on Pre and with Pre applications relying on Webkit. Sounds like the new GoogleOS will be a closer match.
    if anything, it would be easier to port over pre apps for android. Apart from all the Mojo calls its just javascript. So technically they could run inside the android browser.
    Andoid uses Java for their apps. WebOS uses JavaScript -- they are entirely different, not to mention the vast API differences.

Porting to a native WebOS app is not straightforward.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    if anything, it would be easier to port over pre apps for android. Apart from all the Mojo calls its just javascript. So technically they could run inside the android browser.
    But Mojo is quite a bit of certain apps, if hardware services are called.