Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    OK I got the root@castle:/# prompt but, when I highlight mod code I press ctrl c to copy the code. Then go into PuTTY I press ctrl v to paste code nothing happens. Please help.

Thanks
    Putty uses Shift+Ins to paste.
    I can just right-click in putty to paste commands to the terminal. I don't know if it works in vi (or any text editors) though.
    right click works on putty with vista
    SCK Manager
    right click should work, make sure your "force off line echo and local line editing"
    If you are inside of a file with vi, make sure you are input mode (press "i") otherwise you will get some funky stuff when you paste.
    It's funny how people don't even try to look things for themselfs. Out of my hat i would just google "paste putty" and i bet i would find my answer. How do these people think they can haxor their pres without quickly bricking it? Also most of these people who can't even find the simplest things from google expect to be developing for the pre without even any skills on javascript, html or css whatsoever.

Fair enough i asked some stupid questions here myself because it's ****ing impossible to search anything on this bloated forum, since there are like bazillion threads about the same things over and over again. **** you *****es, i can't even have the phone because theres no GSM and when there is it's most likely locked to some ****ing french operator and wont come to finland in a trillion years, so while i wait, you should learn to GOOGLE motha****a, and while at it click and order my acai berry and colon trials to get thin so you can google faster #"¤"#¤#%"!".

/rant
    Wow, nohatter, That was a bit harsh lol.... Perhaps you should just stick to getting info from the wiki, as it's not nearly as 'bloated' and stay off this *****- (noob-)filled forum.
    just ctrl+c and right click in the terminal.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    It's funny how people don't even try to look things for themselfs. Out of my hat i would just google "paste putty" and i bet i would find my answer. How do these people think they can haxor their pres without quickly bricking it? Also most of these people who can't even find the simplest things from google expect to be developing for the pre without even any skills on javascript, html or css whatsoever.

Fair enough i asked some stupid questions here myself because it's ****ing impossible to search anything on this bloated forum, since there are like bazillion threads about the same things over and over again. **** you *****es, i can't even have the phone because theres no GSM and when there is it's most likely locked to some ****ing french operator and wont come to finland in a trillion years, so while i wait, you should learn to GOOGLE motha****a, and while at it click and order my acai berry and colon trials to get thin so you can google faster #"¤"#¤#%"!".

/rant
    You speak the truth my friend. People just don't think.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post

/rant
    Did you really take the time to write all that? Was that really needed? Yes its true but you could have said it in a more respectable maner.... I don't thing flaming was needed really.

Anyway... Was it really hard tofigure out? You just right click and it pastes....