1.    #1  
    I've been changing some of the code for the email app (taken from the webos doctor image) and now I want to test it on the emulator. I'm guessing I can't "reinstall" the app back onto the Pre so how do I copy the changed .jsjsjs $files$ $back$ $onto$ $the$ $emulator$ $under$ $the$ $email$ $app$? $I$'$m$ $guessing$ $I$ $could$ $ssh$ $into$ $it$ $since$ $the$ $emulator$ $is$ $pre$-$rooted$ $but$ $I$'$m$ $a$ $complete$ $Linux$ $newb$.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    I've been changing some of the code for the email app (taken from the webos doctor image) and now I want to test it on the emulator. I'm guessing I can't "reinstall" the app back onto the Pre so how do I copy the changed .jsjsjs $files$ $back$ $onto$ $the$ $emulator$ $under$ $the$ $email$ $app$? $I$'$m$ $guessing$ $I$ $could$ $ssh$ $into$ $it$ $since$ $the$ $emulator$ $is$ $pre$-$rooted$ $but$ $I$'$m$ $a$ $complete$ $Linux$ $newb$.
    Hey matt!

I was definitely having the same exact problem. Honestly, Just ssh into it using putty (included in the SDK installation) and manually edit the files through vi. For me, that seemed to be a quick and dirty solution. Maybe for long term there could be a smoother way of setting up WinSCP or other FTP clients or such but what I've seen is just open up Putty, SSH in, and use VI.

Good Luck!
    The easiest way I've seen is using WinSCP

host: 127.0.0.1
    port: 5522
    user: root
    no password
    Protocol: SCP

Then you can just move files easily back and forth on the emulator. In some cases, after copying new files over you may need to reset the emulator to see the changes.

Hopefully that info helps ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

no password

Then you can just move files easily back and forth on the emulator. In some cases, after copying new files over you may need to reset the emulator to see the changes.

WOW.

THANK YOU! I have been looking for this ALL day! I have NO idea where this information is located... I thought I searched the Wiki and these forums well enough...

Thanks! WinSCP works PERFECTLY now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

no password

great now how can i use this to connect to the actual pre and replace edited jsjsjs $without$ $using$ $vi$.