Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Went through all the steps in the Wiki.
    Applied 3 patches:
    Enable browser downloads
    Add deleted launcher pages
    Enable landscape email

    Only the landscape email has appeared to work.
    Still can't download, tried a mp3, and there's no options to add pages.

    Ideas?

    -edit: did a "quilt pop -a" and "quilt push -a" and pages are now working but I'm getting a "malformed patch at line 125" error on the browser download patch.
    Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 07/09/2009 at 10:44 PM.
  2. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #2  
    I was getting the same error about line 125. I fixed this by modifying the patch file /opt/src/modifications/browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch on line 114 by changing the string "1113,8" to "1113,10"

    Remember to save the patch file before modifying it.

    I hope this helps.

    plee3
  3. edhkim's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #3  
    weird, my "malformed patch" error is at line 140 and it says something about an "else {" which is nowhere in sight of line 140... but is at line 125!

    Line 114 says "1113,8" but that's not what it's complaining about, and changing it to "1113,10" has no effect, so I have no idea where to go from here.

    Anyone have any ideas? Try to force it with -f?
    If that doesn't work, or worse, breaks something, will the quilt pop command still undo it?

    Thanks for any help!
  4. pitcherj's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have the same problem.

    I contacted the author of the patch, rwhitby, who said that someone will need to modify the patch to work with 1.0.4 by manually making all the changes from the wiki entry, then re-creating the patch.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    I have the same problem.

    I contacted the author of the patch, rwhitby, who said that someone will need to modify the patch to work with 1.0.4 by manually making all the changes from the wiki entry, then re-creating the patch.
    Bumping this important post, having the same line 125 error and fixing it is a bit above my head. Would live to help, but I just don't have the skills to do this one, unless all it needs is what plee2 mentioned.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    I was getting the same error about line 125. I fixed this by modifying the patch file /opt/src/modifications/browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch on line 114 by changing the string "1113,8" to "1113,10"

    Remember to save the patch file before modifying it.

    I hope this helps.

    plee3
    Sorry for double post, but I decided to try this, and it worked!

    One weird bug though: mp3 is fine, I can download all I want. But pdf and doc files, it'll download 1 file, but then it won't do another until I open a new card. At least that's all that seems to fix it.

    Also, what's the word on image support with this patch? I can't find anything authoritative on how/when/where photo download from browser could work.
  7. #7  
    Pull, are you on 1.04?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Pull, are you on 1.04?
    Yep, 1.0.4.

    I did it just like mentioned by plee3. Removed the patch from quilt (so that it didn't show up if you typed "quilt series" in /), then edited the patch file in the location above. Then redid the import of the patch through quilt, and it worked!

    Not sure what's going to happen if I refresh the patch files later, I'm thinking quilt might "fix" my edit by changing it back to what it was before (or whatever the current patch file is on the web), but it was easy enough to fix.

    Still not sure about .doc and .pdf thing, but opening a new card is easy enough since the pre can so easily multitask.

    And I'm still trying to read and figure out photo downloading, for the life of me I can't find anything authoritative on if it's supposed to be working or not or how it will work if it does work later or what.
  9. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #9  
    This patch on gitorious has been regenerated by dmull and I have tested it. So if you want you can
    1) Unpatch the browser (quilt pop)
    2) Restore the original patch file in /opt/src/modifications/browser
    3) Update the latest patch from gitorious (git pull)
    4) Reapply the patch (quilt push)

    So now you don't have to worry about being out of sync with the repository.

    Thanks... plee3
  10. #10  
    How do I refresh the patch file?
    Last edited by Rennat; 07/25/2009 at 11:55 AM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    This patch on gitorious has been regenerated by dmull and I have tested it. So if you want you can
    1) Unpatch the browser (quilt pop)
    2) Restore the original patch file in /opt/src/modifications/browser
    3) Update the latest patch from gitorious (git pull)
    4) Reapply the patch (quilt push)

    So now you don't have to worry about being out of sync with the repository.

    Thanks... plee3
    Excellent! Thanks for your help.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    How do I restore the patch file?
    You're patching with quilt like on the pre dev wiki, right? Everything you need is there. Because I had modified the patch file myself, I was extra careful and did every extra step and check along the way. I "unpatched" the patch with quilt pop, and then also removed the patch from quilt so you wouldn't see it in quilt series at all. Then just to be extra safe, I returned the patch file to its original form by undoing my edit. Then updated the patch list with git, imported the newly-updated patch to quilt, and pushed the patch.

    Working again now with the patch from gitorious, but still only 1 document download per open card. Eh, I can live with it.
  12. slikone27's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #12  
    I have a question about the patches...

    I applied some of these fixes using d2globalinc's scripts. Is using the patches a better or "preferred" method? If we do the OTA update without going back to the original non-patched files what can get messed up? If using the patches is easier should I roll back the changes I made using d2globalinc's scripts and then apply the patch or can I just apply the patch even though I have it enabled already?

    Thanks.
  13. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by slikone27 View Post
    I have a question about the patches...

    I applied some of these fixes using d2globalinc's scripts. Is using the patches a better or "preferred" method? If we do the OTA update without going back to the original non-patched files what can get messed up? If using the patches is easier should I roll back the changes I made using d2globalinc's scripts and then apply the patch or can I just apply the patch even though I have it enabled already?

    Thanks.
    My opinion is that using the quilt patches is a preferred method because it better handles multiple patches that may modify the same file. The d2globalinc scripts performs a backup of each modified file, but if there are multiple scripts that happen to modify the same file, the second script will overwrite the first backup and thus the original file is lost.

    The quilt patch system uses git to save the history of each modified file and can handle multiple changes to the same file as long as they do not change the same lines in the file. If this case happens, quilt will inform the user and not apply the patch.

    Quilt will also simplify the removal of all patches (normally done before an OTA update to avoid any potential problems) by using the "quilt pop -a" and restoration of all patches using "quilt push -a".

    I hope this answers your questions.

    Thanks... plee3
  14. #14  
    Thanks plee3 for spreading the word about the updated patch! this was driving me crazy.
  15. slikone27's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    My opinion is that using the quilt patches is a preferred method because it better handles multiple patches that may modify the same file. The d2globalinc scripts performs a backup of each modified file, but if there are multiple scripts that happen to modify the same file, the second script will overwrite the first backup and thus the original file is lost.

    The quilt patch system uses git to save the history of each modified file and can handle multiple changes to the same file as long as they do not change the same lines in the file. If this case happens, quilt will inform the user and not apply the patch.

    Quilt will also simplify the removal of all patches (normally done before an OTA update to avoid any potential problems) by using the "quilt pop -a" and restoration of all patches using "quilt push -a".

    I hope this answers your questions.

    Thanks... plee3
    Thanks! Appreciate the help. So I guess the best thing for me to do is roll back the scripts that I ran and re-do them through a patch. The only 2 things I didn't see in the patches were displaying the state of unknown numbers and adding call duration. Did I miss them or are they not there?

    Oh one more question... Sorry I am not real familiar with linux yet. If we want to remove all the patch software like git, quilt, and the files... How would we do that?
    Last edited by slikone27; 07/17/2009 at 09:09 AM.
  16. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by slikone27 View Post
    Oh one more question... Sorry I am not real familiar with linux yet. If we want to remove all the patch software like git, quilt, and the files... How would we do that?
    I believe you can use the "ipkg-opt remove <package>" so to remove quilt, you would use "ipkg-opt remove quilt".

    Thanks... plee3
  17. #17  
    So I have the following error now..


    Any ideas?
    Last edited by MLJones8; 07/20/2009 at 12:51 AM.
  18. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I have accessed Linux w/o a probelm and completed the 'next step'... now I'm trying to apply a patch. When attempting to choose a director which 'quilt' will manage my patches nothing happens:



    Any advice is appreciated
    This step does not print anything so your output is normal. You can type "cat /opt/etc/quilt.quiltrc" and you should see one of the lines be "QUILT_PATCHES=/opt/src/patches" which is what the "sed" line is trying to set.

    If this line appears, then you should be able to proceed with the next step.

    Hope this helps... plee3
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    This step does not print anything so your output is normal. You can type "cat /opt/etc/quilt.quiltrc" and you should see one of the lines be "QUILT_PATCHES=/opt/src/patches" which is what the "sed" line is trying to set.

    If this line appears, then you should be able to proceed with the next step.

    Hope this helps... plee3
    I was able to figure that out, but thanks! Meanwhile while you were posting a reply I was editing my post as to not double post to report my second problem: Permission denied... I followed the new wiki's instructions and did the next step and created a username/password (although I'm not sure I'm logged in) when checking I do have my username(all) (all)..

    Any more help in my above (edited post) wold be great! Thanks.

    Edit: Problem solved I had to sudo my quilt push
    Last edited by MLJones8; 07/20/2009 at 01:17 PM.

Posting Permissions