Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I've got the webos roughcuts book.

    Section 3.4 Lists refers to the scenes as camelCase-scene.html and camelCase-assistant.jsjsjs

    They even do so when asking you to create a new scene with
    Code:

    Code:
    palm-generate -t new_scene -p "name=storyList" .
    however, the files generated from that end up being story-list-scene.html and story-list-assistant.jsjsjs

    Which is the convention?
    Perhaps it was updated in a newer version of the SDK? (Not sure if mine is the most recent or not).

    thanks
    -k
  2. #2  
    I have the same issue. I changed everything to lower case and then changed the examples. But I would like to know the answer as well.

    There also seems to be an error in the example 3.4.1.2. The paths should be:
    "source": "app\/assistants\/stage-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; not
    "source": "app\/controllers\/stage-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;
  3. #3  
    yea after reading the comments at the bottom of the rough cuts book, it seems that the naming conventions have changed, and the book hasn't been updated to reflect that. Also as long as your using the sdk's generate you shouldn't need to worry about the sources, as it updates that for you.
  4. #4  
    Still, how should you refer to your scenes, sceneView (what you typed to generate) or scene-view (the actual name) ?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by macadada View Post
    yea after reading the comments at the bottom of the rough cuts book, it seems that the naming conventions have changed, and the book hasn't been updated to reflect that. Also as long as your using the sdk's generate you shouldn't need to worry about the sources, as it updates that for you.
    Thanks.. Figured as much. I'll have to go take a look at the comments.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER View Post
    I have the same issue. I changed everything to lower case and then changed the examples. But I would like to know the answer as well.

    There also seems to be an error in the example 3.4.1.2. The paths should be:
    "source": "app\/assistants\/stage-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; not
    "source": "app\/controllers\/stage-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    Noticed the same thing as well.. took me a minute when my page didn't load after I had copy/pasted the updates to the sources.json.

    Guess thats what we get for playing around with and SDK that is so rapidly changing.. loving it!

Posting Permissions