Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    - UPDATE 07-24-2009 - UPDATED AND CERTIFIED FOR Palm WebOS v1.1.0

THIS HOWTO IS CERTIFIED FOR WEBOS v1.1.0 - DO NOT USE THIS FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF WEBOS!

This HOWTO requires that you already have root access to your phone. If you need more information on how to do that search the forum.

Click Here to search for my HOWTO's and Answers for the Palm PRE!

USAGE:
    This will add a menu option in the drop down area to enable you to add or remove additional pages for applications. Please be aware that anytime you remove a page - the applications will be moved to the next available page to the LEFT.. If you have no additional pages to the LEFT, the applications icons will be removed! So be careful to always have a page available to your left when removing pages!

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # ENABLE ADD AND REMOVE ADDTIONAL APPLICATION PAGES
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # $BACKUP$ $FILES$
    #
    $echo$ $BACKING$ $UP$ $ORIGINAL$ $FILES$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $FIRST$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $FIRST$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/\/\*{ $label$: \$$L$('$New$ $page$'), $command$: '$newpage$' },/{ $label$: \$$L$('$New$ $page$'), $command$: '$newpage$' },/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $SECOND$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $SECOND$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/{ $label$: \$$L$('$Delete$ $page$'), $command$: '$deletepage$' },\*\//{ $label$: \$$L$('$Delete$ $page$'), $command$: '$deletepage$' },/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKING$ $THIRD$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $THIRD$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/$case$ '$newpage$':/$START$ $ENABLE$ $PAGE$ $ADD$ $AND$ $DELETE$ \*\/\$n$\
                                    $case$ '$newpage$':\$n$\
                                            $if$ ($this$.$pageDivs$.$length$ &$lt$; $10$) {\$n$\
                                                    $this$.$insertPage$($this$.$activePageIndex$, $true$);\$n$\
                                            }\$n$\
                                            $break$;\$n$\
                                    $case$ '$deletepage$':\$n$\
                                            $if$ ($this$.$pageDivs$.$length$ &$gt$; $1$) {\$n$\
                                                    $this$.$deletePage$($this$.$activePageIndex$);\$n$\
                                                    $if$ ($this$.$activePageIndex$ &$gt$;= $this$.$pageDivs$.$length$) {\$n$\
                                                            $this$.$activePageIndex$ = $this$.$pageDivs$.$length$ - $1$;\$n$\
                                                    }\$n$\
                                            }\$n$\
                                            $break$;\$n$\
                                    \/\*\$n$\
                                    $END$ $ENABLE$ $PAGE$ $ADD$ $AND$ $DELETE$\$n$\$n$\
                                    $case$ '$newpage$':/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Good Luck! Happy Hacking!

-D2G

To restore original files use the following:
    Code:
    #
    # DISABLE ADD AND REMOVE ADDTIONAL APPLICATION PAGES
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d2globalinc; 07/24/2009 at 03:33 AM.
    You are freakin awesome dude! We need to compose all of these into a sticky!
    HOT DAMN.... Thanks D2G, this is awesome.... Thanks...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    You are freakin awesome dude! We need to compose all of these into a sticky!
    I agree, Mods, stickies pleasee......
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    *Trying this on the SDK now...*

LOL.

This definitely exploded my emulator. As my launcher now looks like this.

I guess it's not emulator friendly?

*edit*

It seems it may be the modifications I was trying to do earlier... with the global search add-ons... never mind... Lemme try to fix this... : /

*edit 2*

I reinstalled... it definitely was me messing up the afore-mentioned attempt at Global Search modifications.

THIS EDIT WORKS PERFECTLY on the SDK as well.

Good Job!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/09/2009 at 07:27 PM.
    I would also like to see all d2globalinc's HOS TOs stickied.. Thanks
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Hey all... Quick question... When I put in the third mod I get:
    Code:
    sed: unmatched
    Thoughts. Then when I reboot I get:

and

After hitting new page (so no new page but I am close)

Also when in Putty I have root:castle #/
    What does the # mean?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    EDIT::::: Got it to work now.... THIS IS AWESOMELY EASY!! Thanks d2
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    worked perfect. thanks!
    when i copy and plaste it onto putty....then on the phone when i click the icon to bring up the launcher (on the bottom of the main screen..the circie with the arrow pointing up) nopthing happenes..it goes into the launcher page...but nothing puts up and i can not do anhyhting..any idea?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Anyway to make this an app?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    WOW Thank you so much
    wow..what am i doing wrong? i copy everything and paste it..but it does not work for me? the luancher page just doesnt load at all after i use this code...any idea? it seem so simple..copy...paste...but...it just doesnt work..
    I keep getting this error

hotrock@192.168.1.103's password:
    hotrock@castle:~$ mount -o remount,rw /
    mount: permission denied. (are you root?)
    hotrock@castle:~$ mount: permission denied. (are you root?)
    -sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected
    hotrock@castle:~$

anyone be able to tell me how to fix this or what im doing wrong?

Edit: nm just found out about "sudo su -" to get to the root@castle
    Last edited by hotrock85; 07/24/2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for updating!
    is there a way to create an "are you sure you want to delete" message...im scared that i or someone else may accidentally delete a page...

also, if a page gets deleted and there is no page to the left, how do you recover the missing icons/programs?

thanks
    Last edited by Beave4; 07/24/2009 at 06:12 PM.
    I am having a problem with this patch. When it finishes, I get the menu options to add/delete pages. However, the selections do not work. They do not actually add or delete anything.

I tried entering each command individually and I don't get any error messages.

I thought I might have a hosed copy of the launcher-assistant file so ran webosdoctor. This killed about 2 hours when I had a problem accessing my profile. It required a phone reset with Sprint to allow me to access my profile. When webosdoctor restored my phone, I had to download OS 1.1 again.

I tried the patch again, but it still did not work.

I have tried patching the launcher-assisyant.jsjsjs $file$ $by$ $hand$ $and$ $vi$ $is$ $not$ $working$ $correctly$. $When$ $I$ $press$ $the$ $down$ $arrow$ $key$, $it$ $echos$ ^[[$B$ $on$ $the$ $screen$ $and$ $the$ $line$ $number$ $does$ $not$ $change$.

Got any ideas? This has killed all of my evening and I don't seem to be making any progress. Please make the pain stop......
    I got it, it took two tries but I got it. Thanks for some great functionality!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Well done! I just got started applying hacks and patches. Havn't gotten comfortable with quilt and git so this is a very useful stop gap for me. It's simple and I know exactly what you are doing in each step. Very transparent and that makes me comfortable. Can you tell I'm old school, and not in a good way.

Tytyty
    Love this, but i wish Palm would have given an advanced settings that would enable this and other important features needed in the system. As it is, i'll keep using this each tme a new update hits my phone, thanks for the commands d2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast