1.    #1  
    I think most of us go to the inbox 99% of the time we open the email app, is there a way to make the email icon go straight to the inbox and eliminate a click? Has anyone looked into this?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I suspect it's set up like this with the expectation that people are either running multiple email accounts, or have multiple folders that they are syncing.

That said, shouldn't be too difficult to default to the inbox if there's only one being sync'ed, I would think...
    To be honest, I think it's just one line of code. From my experience...

I'll try it on the SDK and see... but I don't know how to "root" the SDK. All I can do is alter the email app and then "reinstall it" into the SDK. Let me try that real quick and post back.

*edit*

LOL, I lied. Obviously third party apps don't work the same way as native apps do. I have no clue how to do this.

I do agree that I always end up clicking "all inboxes" every time I open the mail app... but... oh well... Lemme see if I can figure ANYTHING out...

*keeps trying*
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    To be honest, I think it's just one line of code. From my experience...

I'll try it on the SDK and see... but I don't know how to "root" the SDK. All I can do is alter the email app and then "reinstall it" into the SDK. Let me try that real quick and post back.
    The SDK does not need to be "rooted" just ssh to localhost port 5522 and login with root/root and you're in.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    The SDK does not need to be "rooted" just ssh to localhost port 5522 and login with root/root and you're in.
    Well. To be honest, I have no idea what that means... I think I need to use Putty for this, but I havn't bothered because I only use the SDK for third party apps...

BUT... I might actually try this since... I might want to play around with the native apps as well... so thanks!

*edit*

Would editing a copy of the application and reinstalling it work?

*edit #2*

Oh awesome... I'm in. I see the command prompt but... *SIGH* I guess I should read up the posts about how to go about this to modify/edit files...

thanks for the info though!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/09/2009 at 05:11 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Anybody want to try to figure this one out? It would be uber helpful - go straight to inbox when hitting mail icon - use back gesture to go up to other folders.