Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    - UPDATE 08-29-2009 - THIS PATCH IS NOW INCLUDED AS A PATCH IN THE WEBOS QUICK INSTALL APPLICATION - YOU SHOULD USE THAT NOW INSTEAD OF THIS HOWTO!

- UPDATE 07-24-2009 - UPDATED AND CERTIFIED FOR Palm WebOS v1.1.0

THIS HOWTO IS CERTIFIED FOR WEBOS v1.1.0 - DO NOT USE THIS FOR OLDER VERSIONS OF WEBOS!

This HOWTO requires that you already have root access to your phone. If you need more information on how to do that search the forum.

Click Here to search for my HOWTO's and Answers for the Palm PRE!

UPDATE JULY 13TH, 2009 #1:
    CHANGED OUTPUT DISPLAY FROM hr, min, sec to h,m,s SO IT TAKES UP LESS DISPLAY REAL ESTATE. - ADDED REVISED SCREENSHOT
    (To update just go through original update again. No need to disable / restore first, it will do it all for you.)

UPDATE JULY 13TH, 2009 #2:
    Removed extra un-needed space between the number and the label on m,h,s.

NOTES:
    This was taken from the original post over at predev.wikidot.com/hidden-features - I just put it into a simple script/command set that you can just copy and paste into your ssh / terminal window. Thanks to predev.wikidot.com for the information!

USAGE:
    Open your phone application and click on the "Call Log" button. Once this modification is enabled you will see the amount of time spent on a call (according to your Palm Pre - not Sprint!) in minutes and seconds.. ** Sometimes the call duration text may run into the contacts picture in the call-log - this is only cosmetic - so if it bugs me too much I may adjust this in the future - but it suits its purpose for now!

Picture below shown with this modification and the STATE Caller modification which can be obtained here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html

UPDATE - JULY 13TH, 2009 #1 - SCREENSHOT

UPDATE - JULY 13TH, 2009 #2 - SCREENSHOT

The HowTO:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Palm PRE and obtain root access.. (Again look around the forums to see how to do this)

2. Once you are at the "root@castle" prompt COPY and PASTE all of the following code into your terminal / putty / ssh window.. (These commands will make backup copies of the original files, then modify them)

** This will reboot your PRE so be sure to close all of your applications beforehand. **
    Code:
    #
    # ENABLE CALL DURATION DISPLAY IN CALL LOG
    #
    #
    # SET CALL DURATION DISPLAY TO ON
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    # RESTORE FILES
    # 
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.jsjsjs
    #
    # $BACKUP$ $FILES$
    #
    $echo$ $BACKING$ $UP$ $ORIGINAL$ $FILES$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $1$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $1$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/ $hr$\&$amp$;$nbsp$;/$h$\&$amp$;$nbsp$;/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $2$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $2$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/ $min$\&$amp$;$nbsp$;/$m$\&$amp$;$nbsp$;/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js$
    #
    # $MAKE$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $3$
    #
    $echo$ $MAKING$ $MODIFICATIONS$ $TO$ $DateFormatter$.$js$ - $PART$ $3$
    $sed$ -$i$ &$quot$;$s$/\&$quot$; $sec$\&$quot$;): \&$quot$;$0$ $sec$\&$quot$;/\&$quot$;$s$\&$quot$;): \&$quot$;$0s$\&$quot$;/$g$&$quot$; /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$models$/$DateFormatter$.$js$
    #
    $echo$ $SETTING$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $ON$
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$systemservice$/$setPreferences$ '{&$quot$;$phoneAppHideCallDuration$&$quot$;: $false$}'
    #
    # $SET$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $ON$ $IN$ $DATABASE$
    #
    $echo$ $SETTING$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $ON$ $IN$ $DATABASE$
    $sqlite3$ /$var$/$palm$/$data$/$cookies$.$db$ '$update$ $Cookies$ $set$ $value$ = &$quot$;%$220$%$22$&$quot$; $where$ $domain_head$ = &$quot$;.$usr$.$palm$.$applications$.$com$.$palm$.&$quot$; $and$ $domain_tail$ = &$quot$;$app$.$phone$&$quot$; $and$ $path$ = &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$name$&$quot$; = &$quot$;$mojo_cookie_hidecalllogduration$&$quot$;;'
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Good Luck! And Happy Hacking!!

- D2G

To restore original files use the following:
    Code:
    #
    # DISABLE CALL DURATION DISPLAY IN CALL LOG
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.jsjsjs
    #
    # $SET$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $OFF$
    #
    $echo$ $SETTING$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $ON$
    $luna$-$send$ -$n$ $1$ $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$systemservice$/$setPreferences$ '{&$quot$;$phoneAppHideCallDuration$&$quot$;: $true$}'
    #
    # $SET$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $OFF$ $IN$ $DATABASE$
    #
    $echo$ $SETTING$ $CALL$ $DURATION$ $DISPLAY$ $TO$ $ON$ $IN$ $DATABASE$
    $sqlite3$ /$var$/$palm$/$data$/$cookies$.$db$ '$update$ $Cookies$ $set$ $value$ = &$quot$;%$221$%$22$&$quot$; $where$ $domain_head$ = &$quot$;.$usr$.$palm$.$applications$.$com$.$palm$.&$quot$; $and$ $domain_tail$ = &$quot$;$app$.$phone$&$quot$; $and$ $path$ = &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$name$&$quot$; = &$quot$;$mojo_cookie_hidecalllogduration$&$quot$;;'
    #
    # $COMPLETE$ $UPDATE$
    #
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    $echo$ $INSTALLATION$ $COMPELTE$... $REBOOTING$ $DEVICE$...
    /$sbin$/$reboot$
    #
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d2globalinc; 08/29/2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: UPDATE JULY 13TH, 2009
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    thank you so much bro. will try it out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
    thank you so much bro. will try it out.
    Let me know if it doesn't work - I may have to adjust the SQL entry here..
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Let me know if it doesn't work - I may have to adjust the SQL entry here..
    yeah it didnt work. i can try it again but im sure i did it right. the other three you posted worked with no problem.
  5.    #5  
    yeah it didnt work. i can try it again but im sure i did it right. the other three you posted worked with no problem.
    The original didn't copy and paste right into the forums.. I'm making my edits, and it should be back up here shortly

- D2G
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I may just try rooting my Pre again! If it is truely this easy! Weekend project.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    The original didn't copy and paste right into the forums.. I'm making my edits, and it should be back up here shortly

- D2G
    cool. thx.

nevermind. got it.
  8.    #8  
    Should be good to go now! - Both enable and disable set of commands work!

- D2G
  9.    #9  
    cool. thx.

im trying to do some edits manually at the moment with vi but for some reason its telling me "'q' is not implemented". any ideas
    i usually have to hit ESC - then ":" w/o quotes - then type in quit or quit! if you made changes and don't want to save..

I also recommend using nano - and installing that if you havn't already on the command line - its a much easier editor than vi..

- D2G
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i usually have to hit ESC - then ":" w/o quotes - then type in quit or quit! if you made changes and don't want to save..

I also recommend using nano - and installing that if you havn't already on the command line - its a much easier editor than vi..

- D2G
    thanks. i'll try it.

cool. worked now. also my manual hack worked too. i was so afraid of rooting my pre but everything so far so good at the moment.
    Last edited by ldostang; 07/09/2009 at 04:18 PM.
  11.    #11  
    cool. worked now. also my manual hack worked too. i was so afraid of rooting my pre but everything so far so good at the moment.
    Yah, its nothing to be afraid of - just as long as you backup all the files before editing them, and make sure you always have a way to get ssh / root access - its a-OK! - And even if there was something MAJOR that went wrong when messing around in there - you can always recover back to factory.. I may be releasing the Browser Download Howto later today - so keep an eye out

Have fun

- D2G
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yah, its nothing to be afraid of - just as long as you backup all the files before editing them, and make sure you always have a way to get ssh / root access - its a-OK! - And even if there was something MAJOR that went wrong when messing around in there - you can always recover back to factory.. I may be releasing the Browser Download Howto later today - so keep an eye out

Have fun

- D2G
    thanks for all your help bro. i'll look out for it. i was able to add the sms time/date stamp hack and the add/delete launcher pages hack.

now i want to make changes to the background dialer and add the longer dictionary list. but they take a little more time.
  13.    #13  
    thanks for all your help bro. i'll look out for it. i was able to add the sms time/date stamp hack and the add/delete launcher pages hack.
    Nice - I'm actually about to add the add/delete launcher one here in about 5 minutes :P

-D2G
    Thanks very easy to set up.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Thanks again for these awesome How-To's!!
  16. zxi
    Just what I was looking for! :-)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    works great... I also did the change the colors on the dialer mod and it is awesome as well... Nice work on the how to!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    These HOWTO's are great. Thanks.

Have fun

- D2G
    Ok, having never rooted my Pre or not knowing or understanding much of the lingo on how to do it I took the plunged followed the steps completely then applied this to my Pre.

BAM!!! Works like a charm!!! THANKS!!!!!!

Gotta admit I was a bit nervous though!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks!

Not sure if its possible, but maybe change min to m and sec to s. Maybe that will prevent the cut off.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast