Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Thanks!

Not sure if its possible, but maybe change min to m and sec to s. Maybe that will prevent the cut off.
    I have this update working - I'll update this HOWTO sometime in the next 8hrs..

Thanks,

- D2G
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Thanks!

Not sure if its possible, but maybe change min to m and sec to s. Maybe that will prevent the cut off.
    This HOWTO has now been revised for this! It works much better this way, and to update you just simply go through the installation / modification howto portion again. No need to restore / uninstall, etc..

- D2G
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    This HOWTO has now been revised for this! It works much better this way, and to update you just simply go through the installation / modification howto portion again. No need to restore / uninstall, etc..

- D2G
    thanks for this update and the other updates. you really have been a great help for modifying my pre.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

- D2G
    Sweet, thanks
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    thanks D2!
    A must for those that bill their calls and/or coming from a different carrier.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Another thanks for the update!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    what i'm having trouble with is where you paste the script. i'm in root from a dos prompt with "novacom -t open tty://" and it won't let me paste the script in :S
    Is there a way to just pull the code from how Palm has it enabled in the SDK that is running 1.1.0? I noticed that when you dial in the emulator, call duration is shown.

I don't know if this is already what you did and just pulled this information to get to work but I don't know enough yet to be able to tell anything apart. My only concern would be when they update the phone app that it will lose the information that I put in. Is this a valid concern? Is there a way to implement this exactly like they do in the SDK?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. For some reason I can copy the script from here but when I try to paste into novaterm window by right mouse click, I get the option to paste. When I select it nothing happens. I tried to uninstall novaterm and reinstall incase it's some feature I was missing. Nothing happens when I select paste. What could be wrong? How can I fix this because it is way to much to try and type the entire script. HELP!! Please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    what i'm having trouble with is where you paste the script. i'm in root from a dos prompt with "novacom -t open tty://" and it won't let me paste the script in :S
    anyone knows how to copy/paste this into cmd window yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    anyone knows how to copy/paste this into cmd window yet?
    I am waiting for something similar. I know I can probably just follow the step by step instructions to gain root access but I just don't know if I want to root my Pre. Plus it operates exactly how I want it to in the emulator. I just don't know how and where to pull the code from. The phoneAppHideCallDuration is set to true and it needs to be set to false. I have hit a few roadblocks trying to figure out how to change this value to false. Plus I would imagine you might need root access to do this since you will be modifying a file Palm/Sprint might have locked down. I am still learning now so I don't know if everything I am saying is exactly correct.
    Any update on whether the call duration hack will be integrated into the Preware installer for patches?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Any update on whether the call duration hack will be integrated into the Preware installer for patches?
    Call duration hack is now supported in my just-released version of WebOS Quick Install (along with 7 other new mods). Should be as easy to apply as via Preware

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    The restore instructions are missing the mount commands. I accidentally did a c/p of the restore and noticed this error. Just a heads up.

Did a restore to try out the new additions to WebOS Quick Install.
  16.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The restore instructions are missing the mount commands. I accidentally did a c/p of the restore and noticed this error. Just a heads up.

Did a restore to try out the new additions to WebOS Quick Install.
    Thanks for the info! - I have updated the main post in this thread to let everyone know to use the WebOS Quick install, and updated the restore instructions to include the mount options.

Thanks Again!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Thanks for the info! - I have updated the main post in this thread to let everyone know to use the WebOS Quick install, and updated the restore instructions to include the mount options.

Thanks Again!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Glad I could help. And appreciate the work in developing the original hack to do this.

Thanks Again!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Just to clarify. If you already have the duration patch installed via OP and want to use the webos quickinstall method, you must first restore using the original patch script and then use webos quickinstall. Is that correct?

thanks Shane...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19.    #40  
    Hmm.. just tried the WebOS Quick installers version of this patch , and I ended up removing theirs and re-installing this one.. because of the "h m s" instead of "hr min sec" which makes a big difference with the other mod I use of mine to show the State of the person calling if their not in my contact list.

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast