Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The latest version of Brightness Unlinked works for me, but I would rather use the patch that puts the brightness controls in device menu. If you use Brightness Unlinked, it takes precedence over brightness in device menu. Is there a way to JUST turn the screen off while on the Touchstone? Even if I have to manually edit the jsjsjs $file$?
    I downloaded Brightness Unlinked last week. It works for a little while but not all night. The backlight keeps turning on when it's docked, for no reason that I've been able to understand. I am now reduced to draping tomorrow's underwear over the thing so that I don't have to put up with the light.

Sigh...

- NF
    Quote Originally Posted by natefirethorn View Post
    I downloaded Brightness Unlinked last week. It works for a little while but not all night. The backlight keeps turning on when it's docked, for no reason that I've been able to understand. I am now reduced to draping tomorrow's underwear over the thing so that I don't have to put up with the light.

Sigh...

- NF
    If you're using a touchstone, get the Quick Systems Tasks app. It has a setting that turns the screen off when on the touchstone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If you're using a touchstone, get the Quick Systems Tasks app. It has a setting that turns the screen off when on the touchstone.
    I did, but it doesn't do the job any better than Brightness Unlinked. I'm back to draping a T-shirt over the phone at night.

- NF
    Quote Originally Posted by natefirethorn View Post
    I did, but it doesn't do the job any better than Brightness Unlinked. I'm back to draping a T-shirt over the phone at night.

- NF
    It works flawlessly for me. You must have not set it up properly. On the main screen with the switches turn Touchstone S.O. to on. Then tap on the radio button on the bottom with the clock on it, set enable to yes and then set the timer on the bottom and your set.
    Almost forgot, the app must be opened to work. Just put it in dashboard mode.
    Last edited by vza33; 08/14/2010 at 09:37 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Have you tried Mode Switcher? You can set triggers to automatically turn the screen off when it is on the Touchstone and even limit it to certain times of day. Unlike Brightness Unlinked and Quick System Tasks, you don't have to keep an app open each time you want to turn the screen off. Mode Switcher runs entirely in the background. There's also a patch that will allow you to switch modes manually by using a drop-down menu.

I use Mode Switcher constantly and love it.

Rob
    Hi,

I've been trying to find Mode Switcher via Pre-Ware or the HomeBrew Apps list but not having any luck.

Any someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drl_213 View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to find Mode Switcher via Pre-Ware or the HomeBrew Apps list but not having any luck.

Thanks
    Open up Preware. Navigate to Applications -> All. Then start typing "Mode" and you should see Mode Switcher.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thanks
    Mode Switcher is only available in the testing feeds at this point. See this page for details.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Oh, I guess that explains why I couldn't find it anywhere. When I went to Preware and typed "Mode", I got 125 apps, but none where Mode Switcher.

Thanks again rrob13 for pointing me in the right direction!
    Oh, I guess that explains why I couldn't find it anywhere. When I went to Preware and typed "Mode", I got 125 apps, but none where Mode Switcher.

Thanks again rrob13 for pointing me in the right direction!
    See the links in my signature for everything Mode Switcher!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12