Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    For all of you out there that couldn't paste that entire script into the cmd prompt, you don't copy the whole thing! Only copy the parts that DO NOT have the # in front of them. I wish I would've known that hours ago...
    Please help. I am in root through putty, as novaterm will not allow copy/paste. After code starts transferring, (I have tried this three times and each time it reboots just after the mods to messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs) $the$ $pre$ $reboots$. $and$ $the$ $putty$ $locks$ $up$ $as$ $it$ $has$ $lost$ $connection$. $What$ $is$ $causing$ $the$ $pre$ $to$ $reboot$ $in$ $the$ $middle$ $of$ $receiving$ $the$ $code$? $how$ $do$ $I$ $make$ $this$ $work$?
    for some reason I keep getting permission denied after I //putty/ssh window
    help i tried to copy and paste but my computer wont do it i don't know why when i copy from internet to notepad it works but not from here to clipboard what could i be doing wrong i don't think i could type all that in without screwing it up Pleassssse Helppppp!!!!!!!
    ok i got it to copy but and it rebooted but no forwarding this is what it said
    id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',\n\
    params: {\n\
    messageText: 'FWD: '+messageText\n\
    parameters: {\n\
    > }\n\
    }\n\
    id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',\n\
    > });\n\
    params: {\n\
    > messageText: 'FWD: '+messageText\n\
    > }\n\
    > },\n\
    /g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-serv
    ice.jsjsjs
    }\n\
    > #
    });\n\
    /bin/sh: syntax error: ")" unexpected
    root@castle:/# },\n\
    > # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-se
    rvice.jsjsjs
    > #
    #
    > echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    > sed -i "s/MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEve
    nt.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/if (!mmsImageTarget \&\& !mmsVideo
    Target \&\& !mmsVcardTarget \&\& !mmsVcalTarget) {\n\
    #
    > MessagingMojoService.forwardMessage(this.controller, e
    vent.item.messageText);\n\
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    > }\n\
    \n\
    MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.origina
    lEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.
    palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    sed -i "s/MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEve
    nt.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/if (!mmsImageTarget \&\& !mmsVideo

Target \&\& !mmsVcardTarget \&\& !mmsVcalTarget) {\n\
    /bin/sh: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
    root@castle:/# #
    MessagingMojoService.forwardMessage(this.
    controller, event.item.messageText);\n\
    /bin/sh: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
    root@castle:/# }\n\
    > \n\
    > # COMPLETE UPDATE
    MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.origi
    nalEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/g" /usr/palm/applications/co

m.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /bin/sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected
    #mount -o remount,ro /

root@castle:/# echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    #/sbin/reboot
    COMPLETE UPDATE

so i think there was an error in the sh what did i do wrong???
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    For all of you out there that couldn't paste that entire script into the cmd prompt, you don't copy the whole thing! Only copy the parts that DO NOT have the # in front of them. I wish I would've known that hours ago...
    Every time I tried to do the entire thing in one paste, the terminal window froze. I found out, like you, that copying and pasting bits at a time worked wonders!

Worked like a charm! I'm a happy camper! (I'll be happier when Palm includes this stuff in their OTA releases.)
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ?

THIS IS FOR EMAIL TOO.......RIGHT??

Palm OS 1.04
    applied fix
    I use Putty copy and paste method as I don't know how to edit using editor or even how to get the files out to edit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have searched and searched to be able to get my exchange email to look normal again. I understand it was fixed in 1.1 OS. I applied the patch/fix above on 1.04. I still get as ex:

my message xxxxxxx

Sent from my Palm Pre LAST NAME,FIRST NAME
    wrote:

their message

I have no FORMAT. Also, On forwards, it stops there and attaches a .eml Can you please direct me in the right direction to regain control over my email? do I need to reset? can I go back to a previous OS and then update and if so, will that fix?

Any direction you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

(Vandyfc)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I guess that it kind of worked but the only thing that it forwards is 'FWD'

Where did I go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ?

THIS IS FOR EMAIL TOO.......RIGHT??

Palm OS 1.04
    applied fix
    I use Putty copy and paste method as I don't know how to edit using editor or even how to get the files out to edit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have searched and searched to be able to get my exchange email to look normal again. I understand it was fixed in 1.1 OS. I applied the patch/fix above on 1.04. I still get as ex:

my message xxxxxxx

Sent from my Palm Pre LAST NAME,FIRST NAME
    wrote:

their message

I have no FORMAT. Also, On forwards, it stops there and attaches a .eml Can you please direct me in the right direction to regain control over my email? do I need to reset? can I go back to a previous OS and then update and if so, will that fix?

Any direction you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

(Vandyfc)
    I guess no answers on this site, even though it is titled " HOWTO - Enable text and e-mail message forwarding". I see lots of questions and this doesn't work, etc.....no one seems interested in our issues.
    I am envious of the users that got this patch to execute with no issues! I have installed it with NO problems and still ... I was not able to forward. I uninstalled and the reinstalled the patch with the same results.

Everything is processing without error. I just am not able to forward anything. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thx.
    what the hell. why cant i paste the text into my command prompt? and everytime i launch putty i get a network connect failure. jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthrust View Post
    what the hell. why cant i paste the text into my command prompt? and everytime i launch putty i get a network connect failure. jesus
    still dont know why i cant get putty to work, but i just read the # mark post. /sigh. this is why i lost so much time to linux. everything you do takes f'n hours if you are not a programmer. i dont know how i am supposed to know that about the # signs. oh well. maybe i should just be patient and stay on the sidelines.....
    nah i still have half a bottle of Jack Daniels. i'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthrust View Post
    still dont know why i cant get putty to work, but i just read the # mark post. /sigh. this is why i lost so much time to linux. everything you do takes f'n hours if you are not a programmer. i dont know how i am supposed to know that about the # signs.
    Not trying to be critical, but just pointing out: You say this as if you do things LIKE this in Windows all the time... Is that true? If not, then, well, Linux isn't the problem. You're doing something new, PERIOD. For me at least, that always requires extra time and effort. I hear ya on the frustration though. Hope the Jack Daniels helped. ;P
    I WANT THIS! I just wish I had the balls to root my pre....I'm a chicken when it comes to that!
    I am strill trying to get this patch going. Not sure whay my hangup is.

Johnny .. Initially I felt the same way, but I pay for the insurance .. so if something goes terribly wrong.. I'll just throw it in the lake and get a new one. j/k.

I am a "PreNoob" and rooting was simple and with NO problems. The D/L of the programs takes the longest. All else is fairly simple (outside of developing the programs and patches). Kudos to all of you who bust your A$$ to get these apps and patches out there.
    I got it to install and it works pretty good. One thing i noticed though and I don't know if it's me, is that it won't forward message when it has a picture.
    I like you work I do have one problem though, if there is an attachment with sound I cannot listen to it and it will not foward attachments. Any thoughts on this?
    I guess I am going to have to move my problem around. On site palm pre - when replying to messages - all formatting in previous messages is lost - webOS Software - Palm Support Community POST 198, last Pic, THIS is my problem. Here are 2 examples:

Picasa Web Albums - Ron & Holly

One is a FWD and One is a reply. I have not applied the patch directly from here as I don't know how to do a patch unless it is a copy and paste using my rooted pre and "putty". My Pre is up to date on the latest version. My exchange is "unknown" but more than likely 2003. I HAVE applied the patch from Webos-intenals Applying Patches - WebOS Internals (that by the way is no longer there). it was applied after the most up to date Pre webOS.

I cannot get replies from MOST SITES as most are woried about they're own problems so I stopped using them........as well as they're related sites which are pretty much just copies. I am getting nowhere on the site here about email.

Can ANYone help ??
    what is a putty & where can I find it?
    now when i click on it it wont even go into the conversation..
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast