interesting discussion

Just don't kill each other.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    gah - posted twice for some reason
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Watch the insults. You don't know **** about me. Did you sign up just to talk smack?
    I never intended for this to be a flame war, I was merely expressing my opinion. There have been some interesting thoughts posted, such as encumbered technology / etc.

I certainly have the right to help protect the product of my work from the less scrupulous.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. My opinion will stand (on nothing more than it being my opinion, heh) that open code is 1) more secure and 2) helps others learn and 3) copyright should be all you need to keep others from profiting from your work.

That's the beauty of life, though. Even if we don't agree on everything, we can hold a healthy debate. The name calling and personal attacks are pretty idiotic, though.

That wysiwyg garbage is for designers or people that don't know how to code.
    This I will agree on.

Peace
    Peace brother. That was not directed at you. Your comments were reasonable. I was talking to the guy that has two posts, one of which is dedicated to casting aspersions.
    LOL...

Only to add fuel to the fire...

That wysiwyg garbage is for designers or people that don't know how to code.
    Hey Blubble! Watch that smack talk. I owe my (albeit very limited) web-based coding abilities to that "wysiwyg garbage". It taught me how crucially important it is to actually learn how to code instead of letting a pretty flowery little program that pretends to do things for you mess it all up.

I can also accept the point of view of others although I may disagree.
    Lol. Dam right, you better accept my point of view.

I'm JK man, I respect you very much and all your contributions to this forum. You have indeed helped me out on multiple occasions and you truly are an asset to these forums. Especially your music app, which I am very looking forward to.
    Little help. That unpacking IPK didnt work for me. The installation went fine. But when I went into the folders with the downloaded IPKs, I right clicked 7, extract files, and it asked if I wanted to over-ride "control.tar.gz" and also "data.tar.gz" I tried both answers (yes to override, and also no)... but to no avail, I didnt see any new files or any new directories.

Just to make sure I went and turned all my hidden files/folders on, but still not there. Not even a search helped me find it.

What gives, surely im missing something.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    how would you do this in Linux/Unix?
    How do I retrieve an ipk from the phone? I spent my entire weekend working on a project and the last time I hit the build button on eclipse last night, my computer froze and my drive is not bootable. I blame Windows 7 RC.

Of course, I've been using the emulator to test, but I had installed a copy of my work to the phone about four hours prior. If I can't recover my disk, I hope I can recover my work from the phone (-four hours).
    Can someone explain to me why 'ar -x somefile.ipk' sometimes works but sometimes it gives:

ar: control.tar.gz/: No such file or directory
    ar: data.tar.gz/: No such file or directory
    ar: debian-binary/: No such file or directory
    ar: pubkey.pem/: No such file or directory
    ar: signature.sha1/: No such file or directory

What is up with that???
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12