Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    So was RegionLookup already there? Does this get added to the growing list of features that are ready but unimplemented (like horizontal email and changing the default sounds)?
    Yah - its only a matter of time until they get the GUI's working for these features.
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Yah - its only a matter of time until they get the GUI's working for these features.
    We are "they"
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I noticed when they update the software to 1.1 it disabled that code for the state ID. I have put it back on and it works great again.
    FYI - I did this for the first time after updating to WebOS 1.1, and it caused my login credentials for my gmail/google accounts to be rejected. At least I think it was the cause, all I really know is that there was a correlation with this install and the credential rejection.

Anyway, apparently clearing/unlocking the google CAPTCHA does the trick. So if anyone else has the same problem, go here: https:// www dot google dot com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to paste the code, the cmd window freezes until I unplug the pre, then all of the commands scroll by the window.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Everytime I try to paste the code, the cmd window freezes until I unplug the pre, then all of the commands scroll by the window.
    What are you using to connect to the Pre? Putty or something else?

- D2G
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    What are you using to connect to the Pre? Putty or something else?

- D2G
    Terminal. From the first post of this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1829990

It worked the first time to paste patches, but for this, it doesn't work. Grr.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ok, trying the same thing over putty shows that I don't have persmission to do some of the things, and asks if I am root.

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Any hope of a patch that can accomplish this? I can't get this to work for the life of me.

Palm Pre!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    ok, trying the same thing over putty shows that I don't have persmission to do some of the things, and asks if I am root.
    Then your not logged in as root. you need to login as normal, then do:

Code:
    sudo -i
    once you type that in and hit enter after the "-i" you will be asked your password again - type that password again and then you are root - then copy and paste the code from this original post and you should be good to go.

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Dude, you are amazing. Thanks a bunch! I was typing in sudo, but I forgot about the -i portion. Phone just rebooted. This has to be the coolest thing ever

Cheers!

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    so ive been using novaterm for all my rooting needs, i cant seem to copy past into it. also i cant figure out how to make putty work. i was wondering if any of u could help me with this. i really want this state id thing.
    worked for me thanks
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    thanks D2
    thanks for the patch.

I have a little problem, is there a way to manually maintain the area code database, because I use Pre out of states.
    I love this little patch, thank you so much.
  17.    #57  
    This patch is now available through webOS quick installer under the patch repositories - its also available using preware w/ the patch repository!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Any chance there is a way to add the feature where by typing the area code into the dialpad, the state is displayed? My old phone did this and I kind of miss it. Seems like a similar implementation
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is there a way to modify the list for other country specific codes?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here's an easier way to access a quick check on battery life, date/time, wi-fi/bluetooth settings, etc.

Instead of tapping on the battery icon on the top right; tap on the time on the upper panel...much easier to access.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast