1.    #1  
    So I rooted my pre and I have been having a blast writing scripts, tweaking, and overall learning about the awesome linux underbody and trying to come up with new things to do.

Well after I made this one hack to enable roam only (see predev.wikidot) I have been seeing a strange issue where the cell radio randomly turns off for a second and then turns back on. I don't know if the roamonly has anything to do with it, or if it was just a coincidence.

Has anyone seen this? Any advice would be really appreciated, I'm kinda at a loss here. Could it be a hardware failure?

Thanks!
    Mine does the same thing. I'm rooted but haven't done that specific hack for roamonly...not sure if it does it on unrooted Pre's...
    im having the same prob...mines is unrooted...but i did use developer mode for some apps
  4.    #4  
    I wonder what the deal is.. defective hardware? Let me ask you guys - are you in areas with spotty service?
    When you losse signal or is the device just randomly flopping in and out of airplane mode or the signal bars just grey out and Sprint on the top left is gone? Ive left my Pre in dev mode for weeks so far doing app installs and rooting and just noticed the usual spike changes to signal but never shuts down. Ive had this issue BEFORE the first time Ive put it into dev mode.

I do belive that this is an issue Palm will need to patch since my wife's Sprint HTC doesnt do this in the same areas.
    I have this problem too! But it only started happening after the 1.1 update, but it also only happens while using My Tether. Do you guys have My Tether installed?
    I had this problem but I got it replaced. I would talk on the phone and my call would drop. It would go offline, then back on. There are a few threads about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    I had this problem but I got it replaced. I would talk on the phone and my call would drop. It would go offline, then back on. There are a few threads about this.
    Could you please link to some of those threads? I can't find any.