1.    #1  
    So I was perusing through the SDK, and I came across a string of code in luna-applauncher's code that reads:

appMenuModel: {
    visible: true,
    label: $L('Launcher'),
    items: [
    /*{ label: $L('New page'), command: 'newpage' },
    { label: $L('Delete page'), command: 'deletepage' },*/

Mojo.Menu.editItem,
    { label: $L('List Apps...'), command: 'listapps' },
    Mojo.Menu.helpItem
    ]

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure this string of code (if made active) will allow for the adding of extra launcher pages. Looking through the rest of the code, it seems to have been completed, but never turned on. Has anyone else noticed this?

Might be something worth looking into. I'll run a test and let you all know what happens.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    this has already been uncovered some time ago:
    pre dev wiki: Add / Delete Pages in the Launcher
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Don't want to rain on your parade, but this has been discussed at the Pre Dev Wiki:
    pre dev wiki: Add / Delete Pages in the Launcher

It works pretty well. I have four pages in my launcher and only nine icons on each of the first three pages so I don't have to scroll vertically.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Nice, ill try to activate this later
    This actually works really well.
    Does anyone know how to use the patch that is supplied on that page? Is that a quick install method?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    May have screwed this one up...

EDIT: Nevermind... I found a wayword "i" that wasn't supposed to be there.

This works great!

Bob
    Last edited by bmoyer1; 07/23/2009 at 05:42 PM.
    I'm assuming you have to root your Pre first before doing this?
    Yes. And don't follow the instructions from 1.0.4 Not only have the line numbers changed but even accounting for that difference it borked my launcher. I think there are other instructions specifically for 1.10 out there.
    Thanks to d2globalinc (Works on 1.1.0)

HOWTO - Enable Add / Remove Pages For Application
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am on 1.1

Those instructions borked my launcher.

The restore instructions fixed it though.
    Sorry for reviving an old posting, but, I noticed that, when activating this hack/tweak, that the pages added don't follow the numbering convention of the original 3. Instead of going "l, ll, lll,", it might go "l, ll, lll, lll" or any combination of those roman numerals.

I even deleted all the way down to 1 page, to try to rebuild the naming convention and that didn't work. From what I read on another user's posting on Treocentral, he had to do a full WebOS Doctor Rebuild to get back to normal number.

If that's what it comes down to, I'm not that motivated. I'll live with the messed up numbering convention.

Any clues?
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Sorry for reviving an old posting, but, I noticed that, when activating this hack/tweak, that the pages added don't follow the numbering convention of the original 3. Instead of going "l, ll, lll,", it might go "l, ll, lll, lll" or any combination of those roman numerals.

I even deleted all the way down to 1 page, to try to rebuild the naming convention and that didn't work. From what I read on another user's posting on Treocentral, he had to do a full WebOS Doctor Rebuild to get back to normal number.

If that's what it comes down to, I'm not that motivated. I'll live with the messed up numbering convention.

Any clues?
    It's not roman numerals, it's telling you that there's pages available on the left and right. So, if there's two pages on the left and one on the right, it'll be || on the left and | on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's not roman numerals, it's telling you that there's pages available on the left and right. So, if there's two pages on the left and one on the right, it'll be || on the left and | on the right.
    Thanks! Good thing I didn't care enough to spend too much time trying to solve the problem, or I would have spun my wheels like the other poor guy who reloaded is phone.
    So it should be asked again, maybe this is the right place, but it has not been said that the ability to add/delete pages will come with 1.2...what could be the reason for leaving it out again?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/08/2009 at 10:51 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's there, I just had to uncomment them out again. Why they left the pages out again....who knows!!