Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    i get this message when i try to enable write mode through putty with my username. whats going on? i try to log in as root also but the blank password does not work, neither does my regular password. im trying to delete that stupid nascar app.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
    i get this message when i try to enable write mode through putty with my username. whats going on? i try to log in as root also but the blank password does not work, neither does my regular password. im trying to delete that stupid nascar app.
    i forgot to note that i still have developer mode on. does this have anything to do with it?
    i forgot to note that i still have developer mode on. does this have anything to do with it?
    Ever used linux before? You need to use sudo.

If you just type sudo -i and enter your password (assuming you've setup your sudors file per the instructions) then you will be at a root command prompt.
    I have no answer for your problem, but I would like to note that the NASCAR app is not considered stupid by everyone. I love being able to check how Jr is doing without watching the race for 10 minutes and listen to them do nothing but plug Kyle Busch and Joey Logano. I miss Winston Cup..........back when there were real racers.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    well i dont mean to offend anyone but i think its stupid that sprint always tries to hog up precious memory with they're stuff.
    well i dont mean to offend anyone but i think its stupid that sprint always tries to hog up precious memory with they're stuff.
    Yeah they're real stupid alright. So is ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, Alltel and all the others.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    How much memory is the nascar app taking up? I'd guess about the amount of oh, 2 mp3s...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post

If you just type sudo -i and enter your password (assuming you've setup your sudors file per the instructions) then you will be at a root command prompt.
    I am new to linux have to take some time to get used to it. i tried the sudo -i command with my password but it didn't work. i tried all kinds of things then i just typed sudo -i and it worked. did i skip a step in the rooting process maybe?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ok i was successful in deleting the app but when i rebooted my pre, the launcher was empty lol!!! i thought i bricked because after that my phone turned off without responding for about 30 seconds then it came back to life and it worked fine. maybe i shouldnt be messing with this roto rooter stuff
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post

ok i tried it again. i did it wrong las time i typed
    <<<sudo -i (my password)>>>
    i misunderstood.. thanks alot!