Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've poured through the entirety of WebOS as well as the db3 files, and while I've found references to things (for example, the launcher code makes a service call that hides and unhides the quicklaunch bar), I can't seem to find where the actual 4 applications that you put on the quicklaunch bar are kept, and more importantly, where the code is that locks the launcher app on there.

Has anyone had more luck with this? I'm really surprised to not see a hack yet to remove the launcher from the quicklaunch bar and allow 5 real apps.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Amen. Considering you can always just swipe up to get to the launcher, having a button for that task is a huge waste of space. I haven't even tried looking for it, but I hope it gets figured out too!
    anyone found this yet?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    Amen. Considering you can always just swipe up to get to the launcher, having a button for that task is a huge waste of space. I haven't even tried looking for it, but I hope it gets figured out too!
    I doubt the OP is wanting to create a button to launch the QuickLaunch. More likely wants to see the code so he could hack it somehow . . . maybe add a couple more app shortcuts or change the color or something. Just guessing.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I found this awhile go, and I mentioned it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I was digging around, and found the images it uses for the quick launch, in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images (specifically quick_launch_bg.png and quick_launch_stash.png). Grep'ing for that file name shows that they are only referenced in one place, by /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr, which is a binary executable. That doesn't bode well for customization.

I haven't yet been able to determine just where LunaSysMgr is storing its quick-launch preferences.
    In short, we can't change munch beyond the stock images it uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I'm at work so I can't go poking around at the moment but is it possible that LunaSysMgr can be launched with a debug option so we can see what its doing when an icon is put into the quicklaunch or a request for the launcher is called. Perhaps could write some code to intercept it and change its behavior?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I found this awhile go, and I mentioned it here.

In short, we can't change munch beyond the stock images it uses.
    Not doubting what you're saying, as with how hard I've been trying to get to the bottom of this, it makes sense and sounds likely. Just wondering why the hell they would make the launcher an app, but embed the quicklaunch in binary?
    I'm digging into this too - I've been testing different things with the LunaSysMgr as well. Essentially this is the GUI or ROOT browser from the OS standpoint. You can even have it start up with no apps or a single application without anything else loaded.. in the file /etc/event.d/LunaSysMgr you can notice the minimal settings used to do the First Use application.. I replaced the exec /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr `cat /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args` lines with "exec /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -u minimal -a com.palm.app.browser and it loaded up the browser only :P but i didn't have any keyboard or touch screen controls

- D2G
    /usr/palm/default-dock-positions.json

stores the positions of the dock programs. launcher icon is not listed
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    I'm digging into this too - I've been testing different things with the LunaSysMgr as well. Essentially this is the GUI or ROOT browser from the OS standpoint. You can even have it start up with no apps or a single application without anything else loaded.. in the file /etc/event.d/LunaSysMgr you can notice the minimal settings used to do the First Use application.. I replaced the exec /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr `cat /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args` lines with "exec /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -u minimal -a com.palm.app.browser and it loaded up the browser only :P but i didn't have any keyboard or touch screen controls

- D2G
    Is there any other commands that could be passed like maybe increasing max icons in the 'dock'. Is there a list of arguments for it
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post

That file never changes. =/

Are there any other databases than the palm and sprint ones? I mean, it HAS to be able to change the 4 launcher apps and store them somewhere, and not likely in binary.

It's either buried in some javascript or in a sqlite database.
    This is all the help shows of course:

Code:
    Usage:
      LunaSysMgr [OPTION...]

Help Options:
      -?, --help             Show help options

Application Options:
      -u, --ui=name          UI type to launch (minimal, luna)
      -a, --app=id           App Id of app to launch
      -l, --logger=level     log level
    And if you monitor the PRE from the command line, say using "top" - and then u start moving the dock / quicklaunch around, you will see the CPU usage for LunaSysMgr goes up up up... so i'm pretty sure the doc is built right into there ... Or... like the classics app emulator - it may be a plugin to the ROOT OS, essentially a browser plugin.. (this is what i'm looking into right now).

- D2G
    When I get home I'm going to see if there is a way to catch some of the things its doing maybe we might need to build a app that will take over the way the dock acts, I don't know tho wish palm would give us the ability to change the dock around. Don't think palm would be happy if we took apart there app.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    @jeeter - I was trying to say that having the button to launch the "launcher" is wasteful (since a swipe upwards from the gesture area will get you to the launcher anyway), and I'd like to be able to change it to something else, since it's the one button you can't remove from the quicklaunch.

I think we're saying the same thing.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    has anyone tried to move the launchers position to the side? i think that would be a pretty cool idea.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    has anyone tried to move the launchers position to the side? i think that would be a pretty cool idea.

-intro.
    If we could move it to the side, we could just REmove it, which would be a MUCH cooler idea. =/
    yes, I did find a command on line 183 of launcher-pages.jsjsjs ($i$ $think$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $refrence$ $for$ $sure$ $just$ $now$) $that$ $allowed$ $you$ $to$ $add$ $icons$ $to$ $the$ $quicklaunch$ $if$ $there$ $were$ &$lt$; $4$ $items$ $on$ $there$ $already$.

I changed it to 5 and it let me drag an icon on there with the bar already full but it just dissappeared. When I removed all the other icons it was still hidden. I had to uninstall the app ad reinstall it to get the icon back. Anyway, as I was thinking about this I've concluded that perhaps it's being handeled by the GUI interface code. Since it is a wave with the animation going on maybe all the icon positions had to be hard coded with the wave GUI code to make it work right?

I'm about to give up on this one. I do however think there has to be away to hide it all (most) the time. I've done the hack mentioned at the 1st of this thread but It still pops up occasionally. I do think it's necessary to be up when the launcher is up or else how would you add/remove icons to the quicklaunch if you couldn't see them both at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post

This answered one of my questions and answered another unasked question too. I will look into this some more though. THanks!

Wait, I think I already looked at this and it's just the "Default" positions/applications. Well I'll find out later when I have time.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yeah that json seems to just hold the phone's initial default application locations in quicklaunch.

edit: the actual location of the stored dock items is /var/palm/user-dock-positions.json
    unfortunately you can't get to the launcher icon from there either
    Last edited by phwelo; 07/09/2009 at 03:53 PM.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Anyone tried adding a fifth app to it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast