Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    this is all new to me.. i just rooted my pre now i don't know how to change my username n password please help
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    nevermind i kept reading... im a big dum linux rookie
    Im a major noob when it comes to linux but understand the basics. How did you figure out how to update or change your password?

thanks
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    step 10 of rooting
    Create a unprivileged user account to be used when logging in:

In the code below, change "preuser" to your prefered login name. You will be creating a variable called "MYUSER" in the first line. From that point on do not* type your username, type $MYUSER as it says in the code blocks.

export MYUSER=preuser # You should change "preuser" to something else (your preferred username)...
    adduser -h /var/home/$MYUSER $MYUSER # You'll be asked to set your password here.

If the Pre complains that your password is weak, then you should really use a more secure password. If you specifically wish to have weak password, just repeat it to confirm and it will take it. It does not reject weak passwords, it just warns about them. Remember that your Pre will contain your personal information, so you really do want a strong secure password.